Are you ready for the Best of the 60's?
Are you ready for the Best of the 60's? Today I want to take you through why I choose the fabric I did, as I think it will help you in your fabric selection.
Apologies, I missed last week. I held my first Virtual Retreat with Lynn Wheatley and a fabulous group of ladies. We really had a blast. So, I missed posting and sending my newsletter. Apologies.
|Staytreat - November 2020 - The Crown challenge|
Each day we had an impromptu to challenge, in additional to our sewing lessons. Not required but tons of fun!
Today, I want to cover a couple of things:
- Announce open enrollment on our next Virtual Retreat
- Remind you about an upcoming In-Person Retreat
- There is only have one week left for the 25% off both the Best of the 60's Clue Membership and the Class and Clue Memberships.
- Last, but not least, why I selected the fabric I did for the Mystery. If you weren't able to get the fabric that I selected (it Sold out in over 4 Quilt Shops!) or you want to go with something different, I think knowing why I choose the fabric I did, will help.
Winter Break Virtual Staytreat - January 28th-31st
We had so much fun we are going to do it again! While we missed meeting in person, we did find some positives to be virtual retreat. For one, we didn't have to lug our machines or pack the car! We had access to all our fabric, and lets me honest, sometimes we do need it. And, most of us got to sleep in our own bed.
Some of the ladies were able to get together in one of their homes, while others were at home by themselves. It was a great mix and it worked!
So, we are doing it again, Winter Break Staytreat - January 28th-31st.
- Welcome event on Thursday evening, January 28th
- Step-by-Step Lessons and Virtual Break-outs;
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday, January 29th-31st.
- 2 nights of Evening Games and Prizes!
- Daily Challenges (some you will know in advance, some you will not) 😁
- You can sign up as a small pod (a group meeting at one of your houses) or individual.
- The retreat will be limited to 16 people so reserve ASAP.
- At this time there is not a state mandated prohibiting the event. If you are traveling from outside of CT, you will want to review the travel guidelines.
- All safety precaution will be taken.
- Everyone will have their own table and social distancing will be easily achieved given our large conference space.
- The retreat will be limited to 20 total people.
- 4 days of Step-by-Step instructions
- All meals from Friday's dinner to Monday's Breakfast
- 8 meals
- Choose from 3 fabulous projects
- Tons of fun
- Stunning resort with 5 fire places, gym, swimming pool, fabulous food and excellent accommodations.
- Hotel should you choose Double or Single Occupancies
One week left for 25% off the Best of the 60's Memberships
Basic Overview of Membership Types
Here are the basics, for more information see my Website: CLICK HERE
• Includes all 24 Clues. Each week when the Clue is released, you will be able to immediately download the Clue.
• If you elect “product updates” you will receive an email notification when the Clue is posted. Otherwise you can log in each week with a special link sent at the time of registration.
• Access to a private Facebook Group.
Clue Only Membership, can be PURCHASE HERE.
• You will get all the benefits of the Clue Membership including the downloadable Clues.
• Additionally, you will have access to online/on demand weekly videos which will walk through step-by-step through the weekly technique and construction.
• Lifetime access to the Clues and Videos - Watch again and again at your leisure.
• If you agree to “receive instruction emails”, you will receive an email notification. Otherwise, you can log into your Teachable account each Friday evening and access the current and prior releases.
Clue and Class Membership, can be PURCHASED HERE.
My Fabric Selection for the Best of the 60's
For detailed Fabric Requirements see my Website: CLICK HERE
Let's talk about why I selected the fabric I did for the Mystery. I think if you understand why I choose the fabric I did, it will help. In the upcoming weeks I will be offering guidance on fabric.
Note: If you belong to the Clue & Class Membership, I will be releasing two videos on Sunday, October 25th where I will talk you though the fabric I selected, providing more in-depth information.
My Island Batik selection, Peacock Galore
Peacock Galore is made up of two split-complimentary color plans. The Red-Violet/Purple and Yellow/Chartreuse fabrics.
Plus, the Blue-Green/Blue and the Orange fabrics.
Having these two split-complimentary color plans is going to allow the fabrics to really pop off one another.
Additionally, the fabric designer did a great job in connecting that "bridge" between fabrics, which really brings the colors together.
My Moda selection, A Blooming Bunch
|A Blooming Bunch|
Similar to Peacock Galore, A Blooming Bunch is made up of two split-complimentary color plans. The Pink and Greens...
Plus the Blues and Oranges
The design elements in the fabric really comes together well so everything "plays" well and connects to the other fabrics. Yet, having these two split-complimentary color plans is going to allow the fabrics to really pop off one another.
So, if you are in the market for some fabric or looking through your stash, look for those elements.
Need more help?
Next week, on this Blog, I will cover a few more samples of fabric options that may work. Plus, next Sunday, the 1st, I'm going to go LIVE at The Yankee Quilter walking you through some selections... take a couple of questions.
Thank is it for this week!