Holiday Solstice Revealed!
Tada! Holiday Solstice Revealed!
Holiday Solstice - Fig Christmas II(without Final Border)
First, I want to thank all of you. I greatly appreciate all of you following along! I cannot wait to see the finished quilts! Be sure to share.
I hope you will join my next Mystery, many of you have already signed on. Be sure to see the information below for October Early Bird Special.
For Holiday Solstice. First and foremost, I want to thank all of you for your patience, it has been a trying couple of months with everything going on.
Special thanks to Lynn Wheatley and Terry Sue Blanchette for being my Secret Testers and putting up with my last minutes emails. Additionally, special thanks to Cheryl Ogrisek for kitting up both versions of Holiday Solstice and putting up with everyone's fabric needs.
Let's talk about what you need to do to finish this quilt.
|Horse Knows the Way|
Once you make those Blocks, it is now time to create the C and D Borders.
- Please continue to put the Borders together as stated in the download.
- I know some of you may be in a rush to get it together. Take your time.
- Follow the directions in the Clue (yes I'm repeating it), checking your Blocks and orientation at every step.
- Take photos as you go, and look at them. You do not want to get it all together and then realize you flipped a row or block.
|Holiday Solstice - Sun Prints 2020 (without Final Border)|
However, a Final Border, really makes a statement, as you see here on the Fig Christmas II version.
In the end, I think your choice will be quilt specific. I think some quilts may need the Final Border to bring it all together while others speak for themselves. I think either of the versions I've use, would look great with or without that final Border.
Holiday Solstice - Fig Christmas II with Final Border
Best of the 60's
Let's talk quickly about Best of the 60's Quilt Mystery! Thank you all. Enrollment Launch Week was a great success. Many of you took advantage of the Enrollment Launch Week Specials. Perfect! Thank you!
If you missed the Enrollment Launch Week Special, let me provide you will an update on your options.
Enrollment is still open for the Best of the 60's Quilt Mystery Series, starting November 13th!
- Note: There are only 20 fabrics in the line, so I am doubling my FQ for the Fuchsia-Purples and Oranges fabrics.
The following Shops have all the information needed and will be preparing fabric kits. They are taking pre-orders now:
- The Yankee Quilter - SOLD OUT
- Quilter’s Obsession (PURCHASE HERE)
For my alternate selection, I’m partnering with Moda and have selected their A Blooming Bunch fabric line, by Maureen McCormick (from the Brady Bunch)
- The Yankee Quilter - SOLD OUT
- Pennington Quilt Works (PURCHASE HERE)
- Quilt Size: Large Throw/Double
- Tool Required: Star 60
- Fabric Requirements
- 26-30 Fat Quarters
- Ideally made up of 4 Colorways, dual Complimentary color plans will work great. See my fabric recommendations below to get a better idea of what I will be using. You can elect to reserve one or both of those fabric selections or select your own fabric. Note: From mid-October to early-November, I will be offering tips on fabric selection on my weekly Blog post.
- Background: 4 ¾ - 5 Yard
- Border: 2 ⅔ - 3 Yards (includes Binding)
This is a Mystery Quilt series will be a Technique Building Series for the Star 60 tool.
· Each week, I will take you step-by-step through all the fabulous units and blocks that you can make with this tool. There will be at least 24 techniques shared throughout the length of the series.
· Multiple Membership levels are available for this series for nominal fees.
- For both Membership levels, the earlier you enroll in the series, the lower the price. Through the remainder of October, an Early Bird discount of 25% is factored into the price listed.
- Since there are a lot of new techniques with this Mystery, the Clue & Class Membership is being offered and will provide weekly step-by-step online videos that can be watched repeatedly, whenever you like.
- As always, each week, the Blog will feature a mini-pictorial and a couple quick tips for each week’s block(s) and remain online. However, the Blog will not have the detailed measurements, those are in the Clues and the Clues will only be available through a membership.
- Recommendation: For those needing/wanting additional help, I highly recommend the Clue & Class Membership Option which will give you that extra help with step-by step guidance.
Basic Overview of Membership Types
Here are the basics, for more information see my Website: CLICK HERE
• Includes all 24 Clues. Each week when the Clue is released, you will be able to immediately download the Clue.
• If you elect “product updates” you will receive an email notification when the Clue is posted. Otherwise you can log in each week with a special link sent at the time of registration.
• Access to a private Facebook Group.
Clue Only Membership, can be PURCHASE HERE.
• You will get all the benefits of the Clue Membership including the downloadable Clues.
• Additionally, you will have access to online/on demand weekly videos which will walk through step-by-step through the weekly technique and construction.
• Lifetime access to the Clues and Videos - Watch again and again at your leisure.
• If you agree to “receive instruction emails”, you will receive an email notification. Otherwise, you can log into your Teachable account each Friday evening and access the current and prior releases.
Clue and Class Membership, can be PURCHASED HERE.