Over the River - Clue #3 of Holiday Solstice
Over the River.... Have you figure out the theme song behind the Holiday Solstices blocks yet?
Everyone should have it by now. Put your guesses in comments below.
I'm so tempted to give you a teaser about the next Mystery, but we are months away (will kick off in October)... but this is how early the planning starts. I'm in the process of working with a couple different fabric manufactures who want me to feature their fabric, so decision are being made. Maybe I will give you a clue next week. LOL.
Sorry, I'm a little punchy today. I'm running on little sleep as I've been very busy, a good busy.
Before we jump into this week's clue, I wanted to say thank you for all the kind notes. I greatly appreciate them. I hope I replied to everyone, to be honest I was blown away. It was nice to have my email box full of nice notes. :)
So, if you haven't joined yet, or you are missing a Clue, you can always sign up for the No Hassle Subscription.
NO HASSLE SUBSCRIPTION
For those of you that don't want to be stressed getting the code and downloading the Clue within the 6 days, you can join the Holiday Solstice Mystery Series – No Hassle Subscription.
You can sign up for $18 (2 payments of $9) and get the Clues emailed to you each week. That is a $1 per clue, a value for sure.
After the weekly newsletter is released, you will received an personal email notifying you of this week's clue. You will be able to download the Clue directly, and access through 12/1/2020 without a code.
• You will be charged $9 at enrollment and $9 a week later.
• You will have access for any prior released Clues as soon as your payment has been processed.
• All future Clues will become available as they are released.
• You will have access to the Clues until 12/1/2020
• Downloads will be limited to 3 per Clue
• Downloads will be marked with your email address.
• These Clues are not to be shared, they are for your use only!
PURCHASE MISSED CLUES
CLUE #1 - You can purchase it for $3 - Click Here
CLUE #2 - You can purchase it for $3 - Click Here
Few other reminders:
There is a lot of great information here. It will help you with the techniques.
Join Holiday Solstice Facebook Group to share your blocks!
The Over the River Block comes together with the Studio 180 V Block and Corner Pop. Both tools are required for this block.
This block utilizes the same techniques from last week. However we are going to switch the fabric placement, and pop the opposite side of the V Block unit. Plus, make 8 of them.
- Great block to use some of your medium prints and small scale prints. For my Fig Christmas II, I went with a medium-dark print for my deep valley and light-medium for the wider angle valley.
- For my alternate selection, Sun Prints 2020, I went with a Split-Complementary plan.
Okay, I'm going to provide you with some great tips for making Clue #2. Remember details can be found in the download.
Let's get started.
Since the techniques are almost identical to last week, just a few reminders.
- Cut the Center Triangles from your Background - Opposite of lastweek
- Because we are making Eight blocks, you will want to place your Medium-Dark Strips wrong sides together to cut your Side Triangles.
- Your V Block Units should look like this... opposite of last week.
- You will trim down the V Block Unit the same way.
- Perfect units, that you will pop the pointed side - opposite of last week.
- Pop the Corners
|Place the Corner Pop/Cut Away on lower left|
|Place the Corner Pop/Cut Away lower right|
- Sew, press, and next trim
|Place the unit with the Replacement in the upper right and line up|
|Place the unit with the Replacement in the upper left and line up|
- Next, pop the other side:
- Sew and press. Now you should apply another round of Best Press from a
- Final Trim-down.
- Tada! You have another Clue completed.
|Fig Christmas II|
That's it for this week. Make sure to check out my email newsletter for some great announcements of classes. My Sparkle Online/On Demand Class released yesterday. My first lesson/block will release tomorrow on Timeless with a Twist.
Have a great weekend!