Southbury Star is Clue #11

Clue #11 is Southbury Star.  Which is dedicated to all those that have attended Cabin Fever or Summer Fever retreat in Southbury, CT.


I started the Cabin Fever Retreat back in 2017 and it is held each year on Martin Luther King weekend, at the Heritage Hotel in Southbury, CT.  I started this retreat for a few reasons.  One, I wanted a winter retreat, since I know I need to get out of the house in January.  Two, I placed it close to home as many of my MA/NY/CT quilters wanted a winter retreat but didn’t want to travel too far.  Three, I placed it on Martin Luther Weekend for the teachers who are quilters.  They always commented that they wanted to go to retreats, but it had to be on a holiday weekend.  I love my Cabin Fever Retreat!  It is a great mini-break and a beautiful setting with fun quilters!  In 2021, I started an annual Summer Fever Retreat, also at the Heritage Hotel, which is really popular!  Thanks to all the quilters who make Cabin Fever and Summer Fever Quilt Retreats possible!


Here is my fabric selection.


You can use scraps remnants for your dark squares, they don't all have to be the same dark fabric.  I would recommend using the same color dark fabric.


My paper plates for Cheer and Merriment 

My paper plates for Stitched
Unit A & B  - Flying Geese

Remember if you oversized your small squares, you do not need to nudge.
They are so cute!
For Unit C - We are going to make Half Square Triangle.  If you belong to the Clue and Class, make sure to check out the video lessons as I've given you an alternate method to make the 32 needed Half Square Triangles.

For Block Construction, you will want to stack and make the Corner Units first. Take your time and make sure the orientation is correct.


You will want to make the Flying Geese columns and then sew the Corners and Columns together to form the Blocks. 
How Tada!

I can't wait to see your Southbury Star Blocks our Facebook Group. 

Keep Stitching,

Michelle 

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!