Everything is bigger in TX!

Clue #10 is Quitman Star! Dedicated to all those who have taken a retreat with me at Stitchin Heaven's Retreat Center in Quitman, TX.  


My Cheer & Merriment version and Stitch version

I had been teaching on Stitchin Heaven’s Quilting Cruises for a few years when Deb Luttrell, the owner of Stitchin Heaven approached me to teach the inaugural retreat at her brand new Retreat Center in Quitman, TX.  The Stitchin Heaven Retreat Center opened June 2021 across the parking lot from their huge shop.  It is stunning, housing a large Sewing Room and 12 double bedrooms.  The best part of the Retreat Center is the Quilters!  They come from everywhere, resulting in a wonderful and diverse blend of personalities and quilt styles.  I love seeing the different fabric selections and watching the “Shell’s Bells” bring the new-to-S180 tools into the fold.  When I went back for my second retreat, in February of 2022, Stitchin Heaven had added 6 Cottages that sleep 3-4 people.  I’m heading back in April of 2023, and I can’t wait to see what’s new in Quitman. 

Here are my fabric selection. 
Cheer & Merriment 

Stitchin Heaven

Cutting is very straight forward.  My biggest tip is use your remnants.  Note, for many of my units, I needed to use remnants from my homework. 
Cheer & Merriment 

Stitched

Unit A- Is Shaded 4-Patch, a new unit to the series.  So, some quick tips.


Take your time to stitch your strips and make sure to press towards your Background

Take your time to draw your lines properly, they will not hit the corner

Stitch on both lines but try and come in on the line that is not on the corner.  You many need to turn your unit .

Take you time to cut the down the center, 1/4" off both stitch lines and there is more than an half inch between the lines.

Take your time to trim them down, trimming the side with the patch first. 

Unit B - The Corner Beam. 
 
Unit C- Popped Half Square Triangle



Unit D - Square-in-Square

Block Constructions - Make sure to check your orientation of your Units (ask me how I know).  These come together pretty easily. 
I pressed towards the Shaded 4-Patch and I was able to work the nest.  They came together pretty easily. 
 
Love them!

Special shot out to my TX Quilters and all those that come to Quitman to take retreats with me. 
Keep Stitching,
Michelle 

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!