Clue #13 takes us back to Vermont

 Clue #13 is Fairlee Ridge and is dedicated to all of those that attended the Spring Quilt Camp at Lake Morey, in Fairlee, VT in 2019.  A great setting in Central Vermont.   The Lake Morey Resort took great care of us with lovely meals and adhering to our pleas for Margaritas on Cinco De Mayo and Mint Juleps for the Kentucky Derby!   We had to cancel Spring Camp 2020 due to Covid, but I continue to look for a fabulous location to host Spring Quilt Camp 2024! 


This is a very similar Block to Clue #12, but with the corner units switched to Dual- Color Square-in-Square and the Trees are oriented differently. 

Cheer & Merriment and Stitched versions of Fairlee Ridge

My Fabric Selections.  Make sure to evaulate what you have left and make the best use of your fabric remnants and the remnants of Fat Quarters in your bundle. 

Cheer & Merriment

Stitched
Cutting was very straight forward.  Here are my paper plates. 
Cheer & Merriment

Stitched
The Units A and B are made the same as last week. 

V Blocks

Tree Trunks
Then, a play on a Square-in-Square with Dual-Colored Side Triangles.
Stay organized and you should do fine.  First put on your Light Side Triangles and then your Background.  I did a "planful" cutting of my Centers for my Cheer & Merriment and a fussy cut center for my Stitched. 

There are constructed similar to last week's clue but are the mirror image.  Be careful with that orientation. 
Love, Love these Tree Blocks!
Cheer & Merriment

Stitched

Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving and enjoy these easier Block for the Holiday Weekend.

I will be traveling for the next two weeks, I'm teaching on a Quilting Cruise.  Next Friday, I expect to release Clue #14 as usual, pending any technique issue.  However, it may be later than 6pm as I am on the West Coast.   Clue #15, however, will be released on either Saturday or Sunday the 11th or 12th. 

Keep Stitching,

Michelle 

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!