Clue #11 is Combination Star

Well, we are moving along pretty quickly, or at least it seems to me.  We had our first frost at my house in CT and the holiday ads are already running on tv.  With next week's clue we will be 2/3rd of the way through our Holiday Sensation Mystery Quilt.  There will be some fabulous reveals. so stay tuned.

This week, we are on Block 11 and it is Sensation Star!  We will be making three different units, all with the Tucker Trimmer.

For Clue #11's fabric selection, I re-used some of the fabric, in my Starflower Christmas fabric.  Especially, the Light. I used the same Light fabric as I did in Clues 1and 3.  

However, for my Kaffe Curated fabric selection, I changed my Light, since I've basically used most of that fabric. I made sure to select a Light that I has more than half of the Fat Quarter left, as I will need it going forward. 
Unit A is a Combination Unit and you will want to take your time when marking the lines on the back of your  Background fabric. 

Once piece, you will place it on the Medium-Dark.  Note. the Medium Dark square will be larger than pieced unit. 
You will end up with mirror-images.. Make sure you stack them in their matching piles.
When trimming, you will want to trim the side that is the most pieced first. 
Easy! Right.  Love this unit. 

Unit B is the Half Square Triangle, and you will mark lines as well. 

When trimming, always line up the Tucker Trimmer sizing line on the seam line.  This will allow you to double check your sizing before cutting.



Last but not least, Unit C, the Quarter Square Triangle, will need to be marked as well. 
We've made this unit a couple times in this series, so just a quick reminder to make sure you are placing the X of the sizing diagonally and common diagonal in the center. 


Take your time when laying out this block.  You need to make sure to place your Combination Units in the right place.  The HST of the Combination Units should all be facing towards the center.  Make sure your corner units are correct as well. 

When placing your rows together, be sure to precision pin and leverage the "nest" to keep things lined up.
How TADA.  I love the movement in this block.
Love, love, how much we can do with just the Tucker Trimmer! 
It is great, how the "Shell" fabric, in the Kaffe, helps bring out the Roman Glass. 
If you have read this far, and it is still Friday, November 5th.  You might want to check out the special pricing I have on two classes through mid-night tonight.

They both are Timeless with a Twist-Series 2, one is for a Hybrid, online and virtual class, and the other is Online Class only.  Both are fabulous.  

If you want some details; check out the following on my HYBRID CLASS - Click HERE.

Or, details on my ONLINE CLASS - Click HERE.

Special Pricing ends at mid-night.  Tomorrow, I will announce both classes in my newsletter!.

I must run, I can't wait to see your blocks!

Keep Stitching,
Michelle 



Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!