Best of the 60's - Clue 2 - One Fine Day!
Best of the 60's - Clue #2 - One Fine Day!
|Clue #2 ~ One Fine Day|
Whew! I spent the morning with the Homemakers Quilt Guild out of Montgomery County PA today, so I'm running around trying to "publish" everything.
|Ticker Tape Parade is behind me, along with my Clue #1 and Timeless Block... I had to quickly remover Clue #2 before I got started. LOL!|
Remember, in addition to my Online Classes, I'm available for Virtual Lectures, Virtual Classes, etc for Quilt Guild and Shops.
Speaking of Virtual and Online, let's talk about the Stitchin Sister's Charter Club ~ Aspiring Stars. - JUST A FEW SPOTS REMAIN - SIGN UP SOON!
|Aspiring Star Sample ~ Setting 1|
- We added a second series that will meet the 3rd Tuesday and Thursday evening of the month (one exception -June which will be the 2nd Tuesday.
- Meets January-June 2021 ~ Hybrid of Online and Virtual Classes!
- We will gather for a social arrival from 5:30p-6pm (arrive anytime), and then have the lessons from 6pm-9pm.
- Class limited to 20 people, 7 hours monthly of Virtual Interactive Classes, plus 60-90 minutes of Online Lesson that you have life-time replay access.
- Discounted pricing through Sunday, December 6th.
For more details see: MORE INFO on Stichin Sister Charter Club ~Aspiring Stars
Best of the 60's Quilt Mystery - Let's get started
- You may have "opted out of emails". I can not over ride that, you must find your sign up email and change your setting.
- If may be going to JUNK/SPAM. You should save the email address, from Sendowl (firstname.lastname@example.org), to your safe or contacts.
- You may have used a different email address. Please look for the original sign-up email, you can use the link to access any downloads, and make changes to your email setting.
- You will have the Clue's step-by-step instructions and graphics, plus this Blog to help you with the Clue. I highly recommend you review the Blog post for tips first.
- If you purchased Clue Only, you will not have access to the Teachable platform or videos. That is the class, those taking the Class are only able to see the videos. Over the last month, I've offered an upgrade special 3 times and only a handful of people have upgraded. You can upgrade at anytime, by purchasing the Clue and Class Membership. I HIGHLY recommend it for anyone that struggled last week with the step-by-step instructions.
- You may have "opted out of emails". I can not over ride that, you must log into your account on teachable.com and make a change to your settings.
- If may be going to JUNK/SPAM. You should save the email address, from the Teachable platform (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) to your safe/contacts.
- You will always log into your account at teachable.com. You can log in as often and as many times as you need. The email is just alerting you that the weeks lessons are released.
Let's talk organization and fabric. Both are really import
|Consider using the Flower Head pins to notate your fabric strips.|
|My fabric selection for Clue #2|
|Make sure to Wonder Clip and Label what is left from those Fat Quarters you used this week and last. Mark them with the Block that you used them in.|
|Paper plates really help! If you are taking the class I cover this method in great detail. I've also covered my process several times on this Blog, just search for Paper Plates|
We have a new shape this week, the Diamond
|I like to "create" the angle using the Star 60 Tool, lining up the end of my strip with the Centerline.|
|Use your best cutting skills, keep that rotary cutter straight.|
|Right Handers will work left to right...|
|Left Handers will work right to left|
|Cut the Triangles the same as last week... Right Handed|
|Lay out your Diamond Triangle units with the Blunt side of the side triangles up.|
|Make sure to label and store your remnant strips.|
|See it, as it should be sewn.|
|Flip it and Stitch it.|
|Use your BEST 1/4" Seam allowance.|
|Press open on the seam stick to get nice flat seams|
|Pay close attention and just trim off the Dog Ears listed!|
|Flip it and stitch with the Diamond on time.|
|Make sure to take the time to label the side you are cutting - VERY IMPORTANT!|
|We will be using that "Flat Edge Trim Line this week.|
|Right Handed - As well as the full Diamond Guideline.|
|Left Handed -Diamond Tip cut.|
|Pinning is IMPORTANT, to ensure those Diamond Points match.|
|Right Handed - Trimming - Make sure you are reading and lining up all the key seams.|
|Left Handed - Trimming - Make sure you are reading and lining up all the key seams.|
|Similar to last week, we will construct the Top of the Block|
|Then, the Bottom of the Block|
|QUARTER INCH IS KEY!|
|Match up those points when bring them together.|
|Always apply a mist of Best Press before the final trim down!|
|Right Handed Trimmed Down - LINE UP ALL THE Diamonds before you cut. Take your time.|
|Left Handed Trimmed Down - LINE UP ALL THE Diamonds before you cut. Take your time.|
I just love this Block! I can't wait to see your blocks. Make sure you are sharing them on the Best of the 60's Facebook Page (see your downloads/curriculum for link). You can also share them on my Sew On the Go Quilting Circle page.