Happy Thanksgiving and Ticker Tape Parade Clue #4
Happy Thanksgiving Weekend! I hope you enjoyed a day of thanks with loved ones and friends. Did you shop on this Black Friday yet? How do you plan on spending this long weekend?
I might had done a little online shopping last night and this morning. LOL. This weekend I'm hoping to make some sense of my studio now that I've stopped traveling for a couple months. Whew, it is a hot mess! Between loading in and out for events, testing patterns, testing theories on some new designs, fulfilling orders and just tons of paperwork. As Stephen says, it looks like "the fabric decided to make an escape" from their bids and drawers. It really needs some straightening. I also hope to get some sewing completed.
A few things of note for this week, before I get to this week's Ticker Tape Parade Clue.
|Ticker Tape Parade ~ Clue #4|
Last Sunday, I had part two of my Starflower Surprise class at the Yankee Quilter. You need to check out these blocks! These ladies did a great job, here is a tease, be sure to follow me on Facebook to keep up the fun: Michelle's Facebook Page
- New Class - Open Sew - December 15th @ The Yankee Quilter -10am-2pm.
- We've added a UFO/Finishing Class/Open Sew class, for those of you that want to work on finishing a project, want help with a technique, or just escape the holiday crazy. Sign up here: Sign-up: Yankee Quilter ~ Open Sew with Michelle
JANUARY MYSTERY - GRAND CENTRAL
Anyone who follows me on Facebook, knows how much I love the architecture of Grand Central Terminal in New York City.
|Grand Central Terminal|
- We are in the process of proofing the final design, cutting and yardage, but I will give you a few details in case you want to purchase the tools during my four-day Black Friday/Small Business Saturday sale (11/29-12/2 only - see details below).
- There will be two sizes to choose from; Large Throw or Queen
- Required tools are the Studio 180 Design:
- Recommended tools are Studio 180 Design:
- Tucker Trimmer II - for subcut - ideal for sub cutting strips ending in 1/4" and 3/4"
- Over the next month, I will be attempting to blog daily (more information below), and I plan on sharing a bit of info on the Grand Central Mystery each day on my Blog. I will only be sending a newsletter on the normal schedule, Friday, so if you are interested in keeping up on the details be sure to follow my Blog. If you subscribe to my blog, you will get an email when I post. To do this, look for the Subscribe button under my Blog Header. Complete the information and you should be all set.
- The first week of December, I will talk about the inspiring architecture of Grand Central... you might get a sneak peak into the shapes you might expect.
- The second week of December, I plan on taking you step-by-step through selecting the proper border for your Grand Central quilt.
- The third week of December, I plan on taking you step-by-step through selecting the proper fabric to go with that border.
- The fourth week, we will see what I come up with!
- I plan on releasing yardage over the next two weeks. Make sure to subscribe to my Blog for more information this week.
31 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE 2019 (you can follow through #31dayblogchallenge2019)
This year, I plan on joining other quilt artists, lead by Cheryl Sleboda, in attempting to post everyday in the month of December. It starts on Sunday! As I mentioned above, I plan on sharing a bit of details each day on Grand Central Mystery Series, but you may also learn a few other tidbits. Make sure to subscribe to follow along.
FOUR DAY SALE!
Black Friday/Small Business Saturday sale (11/29-12/2 only)
Join me for the largest sale of the year, over 80 items on sale (with coupon code) in my Etsy Shop. With coupon code POSTTHANKS, you will get 15% off all Sew on the Go Patterns, Studio 180 Design Tools and Patterns. While supplies last. It's a great time to pick up any missing Studio 180 Design tools from your collection. Or stock up on some great patterns. This only happens once a year, so make the best of it.
CABIN FEVER RETREAT - FINAL CALL - Sign up by December 6th
Heritage Inn and Spa - Southbury CT
Martin Luther King Weekend
Friday, January 17th - Monday, January 20thMy rooming list for my Cabin Fever Retreat is due soon, so if you are sitting on the fence with signing up for this fabulous retreat, now is the time to sign up. I have a handful of spots left, but only 2 commuter spots.
This is a fabulous 3 night retreat to escape the winter blues. The Heritage Inn and Spa is a fabulous resort with a salt water pool, exercise room, spa, great sewing space and 5 beautiful fireplaces! It is close to the Rt 84, not far off the highway, so makes for an easy drive. Yet, the resort is set in the woods surrounded by beauty, including a vineyard. Plus, a great group of ladies and a special retreater Quilt Shop sale!
More information can be found on my Retreat page. Be sure to email me ASAP if you are interested, then fill out the online form, and send in the full payment as final payments are due now. Here is an idea, ask for your special someone to contact me for a gift certificate to this retreat!
TICKER TAPE PARADE
Note: If you missed Clue #3, it can be purchased in my Etsy shop for a nominal fee: Shop here
Clue #4 - Available for download until Thursday, December 5th.
We using the Studio 180 Tucker Trimmer I, to make Half Square Triangles (HST). I've listed a few reminder below, as we will be following the same technique as last week, detailed information is in the download.
Just a few tips:
Remember to read the cutting instructions as there are directions on dividing the Jelly Roll groupings. I received a few emails last week, that made it clear that a step was missed in dividing the strips.
This week, you want to take your group 3B:
Remember to cut the Small Squares with the balance of the strip, and place them with the other small squares that you've been cutting each week.
When you mark the Background Squares, to make the HSTs, be sure to use the Quilter's Magic Wand, and with a Sewline Pencils (my preference) get nice and tight next to the Quilter's Magic Wand to draw your lines.
Don't forget the cut the additional Background Rectangles and Squares. Label and set aside.
Complete your sewing and trimming on Clue #4 so you are ready for Clue #5.
If you need help on the technique, be sure to check out last week's blog post.
Well, that is it for this week. Be sure to download the clue, subscribe to my blog alerts, think about joining me at the Yankee Quilter in 2 weeks, and send in your registration form in for Cabin Fever - It is a great retreat!
I'm off to see if I can make heads or tails of my Studio!
Have a great rest of the weekend! Don't forget to check out Sunday's post!