Fall Camp, Quilt Market and Jelly Roll Challenge
2019 Fall Quilt Camp at Rangeley
I had a fabulous time at Fall Quilt Camp in Rangeley, Maine. It was a blast as usual. We had 27 Retreaters, 5 days of quilt happiness, tons of laughs and so much progress!
|Fall Quilt Camp in Rangeley 2019|
I put together a video recap of our fabulous times, I hope you all enjoy it.
Last week, on Facebook I announced that we had a handful of spots left for 2020 Fall Quilt Camp. At this time, those spots are filled, 2020 Fall Quilt Camp is Sold Out. We are awaiting a few deposits, so stay tuned, there may be a spot or two that opens up. We are taking a waiting list if you are interested, please complete the registration form and send it in without a deposit. If a spot opens up, we will contact you in the order they are received in and request a deposit.
Note, we have several other retreats that are just as fun, that we recommend you consider, including one of our new retreats:
Dates: Monday, June 1st through Friday, June 5th.
Location: Woodbound Inn, Rindge, NH (close to the Vermont and Massachusetts border)
Details: Join us for a 4-night Summer Quilt Away Retreat at the Woodbound Inn. Take time to recharge and enjoy a "me” week where you can stitch, laugh and catch-up with your quilting friends.
Projects Include: Majesty Lemoyne, Retreat, Timeless with a Twist (Series 1), #Arewethereyet, and UFO from a previous class or retreat. Registration now open
Get more details on my website: Summer Quilt Away Details
|Lake Morey Resort|
Dates: Wednesday, November 4th - Sunday, November 8th
Location: Lake Morey Resort, Fairlee, VT (just off of Rt 91, mid-state)
Details: Join us for a 4 night retreat and escape the chores of fall cleanup by joining us at the beautiful Historic Lake Morey Resort! Set on a pristine lake surrounded by green hills, the Lake Morey Resort provides a beautiful natural setting yet still offers all the best features of any full-service resort, an inviting place to relax with new found quilting friends. You can sew to your hearts delight!
Projects Include: Dogwood Lane, Sedona, Fallen, Sunset on the Sound, and UFO from a previous class or retreat. Registration now open
Get more details on my website: Quilters' Fall Getaway Details
Both of these retreats are going to be tons of fun, we hope to make them annual events, so be sure to sign-up while spots remain. Note: We have 3 spots left in our Spring Getaway at Lake Morey. Details can be found on my retreat page.
Quilt Market - Fall 2019
|My Sew On the Go Booth|
I was in my booth for most of the days, but I did manage to get out and catch up with Alison Glass. We discussed the success of Holiday Extravaganza, and who knows there might be another calibration coming soon. :)
|Me and Alison Glass in front of her booth|
I found a few new "gotta have notions" that I will be talking about over the next couple of months. One that really caught my eye was these Flatbox from Meori. You know how I love organization, bright colors and functionality! Hopefully I will have some in stock soon.
Ticker Tape Parade ~ Mini-Mystery ~ A Jelly Roll Challenge
So, while I've questioned my craziness, over the last few weeks, for trying to squeeze in this mini-Mystery, I've decided to go forward with it. After all, we will all need some quilt therapy over the next 2 months with the holidays and all. Plus, who doesn't have a Jelly Roll laying around that they need to put to good use. While I have over 100 myself (yes, this is has moved into a therapy hour), I decided to use a recent acquisition, Tula Pink's Monkey Wrench.
I will focus on a few highlights here on my blog, but I've also created a two downloads for you, an Overview and Important Items. Please be sure to read both of these before deciding to take on this endeavor.
- I've decided to go with one quilt size: Throw - 60" x 60" without a traditionally border. It will be 72" x 72" if you go with a optional traditional border.
- There will be 8 clues, including the reveal
- They will start Friday, November 8th and run through Friday, December 27th.
- The clues are for personal use only and are not to be shared.
- The clues will only be up for one week. You will be responsible to view or download/print your clue each week. If you missed any clues, you will be able to purchase the series at the end of the Mystery for a nominal fee.
- As always, the clues will be manageable, taking about 3 hours a week.
- Wedge Star
- Diamond Rects
- Tucker Trimmer I*
- Quilter’s Magic Wand
- Purchase tools in my Etsy shop, use Coupon Code TTP15 through 11/7 for 15% off: Shop Here
- Background: 3 ½ Yards
- Jelly Roll: 35-40 Jelly Roll Strips
- You will want at least 35-40 Jelly Roll Strips (2 ½” Strips) that have a high contrast with your background.
- I’ve selected Monkey Wrench by Tula Pink (shown abover.
- Ideally, you want at least 4-5 colors within your Jelly Roll set.
- You will want a high-contrast between your Background and Jelly Roll strips. I will be going with a White Background, therefore I will most likely be omitting the first 3 of my strips that are close to my background.
- Binding: Included in Jelly Roll - However, if you want 1 fabric to be your binding, you will need 1/2 yard.
- Optional Border: As designed, the Mystery doesn't have a traditional Border. If you feel you will want one, you may want to have 2 1/2 yards of Fabric for a Border.
Also, if you are going to participate, please consider joining the Ticker Tape Facebook Group. There is always great sharing in the Group, plus updates, as needed. Make sure to answer the questions. If you do not answer the questions, you will automated be denied.
I think that summarizes most of it, I'm looking forward to it. This is going to a fun quilt!
Well, while I survived my crazy schedule of the last few weeks, it has left me with walking pneumonia, so between fulfilling orders, I'm going to be resting up for the next few days before heading to Quilting in Vermont. I have my Fall Retreat this coming Thursday through Sunday. There is a spot or two left if you are interested in joining us. You can get details on the StrongHouse Website: Michelle's Fall Retreat at the Strong House Inn.
Keep Stitching! Looking forward to seeing my Quilting in Vermont Gang!