The Beatles Star!

 Clue #3 is the Beatles Star!

The Beatles Star - Moda's Eufloria

In 1988, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducted the Beatles, Ringo Starr, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, and George Harrison.  Their introduction stated, “The Fab Four; John, Paul, George, and Ringo, no last names needed, kick started the British Invasion in the US”.  The Beatles formally formed in Liverpool in July 1960, previously known as the Quarrymen, but changed their name to first the “Silver Beatles” and then the “Beatles” in tribute to Buddy Holly and the Crickets.  The Beatles are regarded as the most influential band of all time.  

The Beatles produced 13 Studio Albums and one compilation.  They had 20 # 1 hits and 34 Top 10 hits on the Billboard charts.  Not only did they have top songs, but several of their songs, such as “Hey Jude” (19 Weeks) and “Come Together” (16 Weeks) remained top songs for months on the charts.  The Beatles officially broke up on April 10, 1970. 

While designing this block, I thought of my favorite Beatle song, "I Want to Hold Your Hand" as my inspiration.  In my mind, the Corner Beams around the Ohio Star are hands touching.   “I Want to Hold Your Hand”, was released in 1964 on their “Meet the Beatles” Album, spending 15 weeks as a #1 hit on the Billboard charts. 


The Beatle Star - Moda's Nutmeg 
My Fabric Selection:
My paper plates:
Moda's Eufloria

Moda's Nutmeg
Unit A - Half Square Triangles
Unit B - Quarter Square Triangles


Unit C- Corner Beams - This is a new unit to the series and my biggest tip is to use your Quilter's Magic Wand to make sure you have the offset at 1/4".  
Here are my Corner Beams!
For Block Construction - You will want to make the Corner Units
Then the Colulmns.
Then, lay it out and make sure that you have your orientati
Sew them into rows and press open.
Then sew the rows together, taking time to precision pin.  
Tada!  Love this block.  I can hear "I want to hold your Hand" playing in my Head!

I can't wait to see your blocks!  Please share them on the Facebook Group!

Keep Stitching,
Michelle 

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!