Clue #10 is Sensation Corner Star

Do you enjoy your week off?  I know I needed it.  Now, it is time to get busy and finish the remaining 9 Clues.  Let's start with Clue #10, which is a modified Sensation Star, I'm calling it the Sensation Corner Star as the chain and center is slightly different. 



All of the units are made the same, but we will be using a few different fabrics, including in placement and orientation.

Here is what I've selected for fabric.  Note; I'm using a different Red than I used in my Starflower Christmas version of Block #6.  Plus, I've added the Green as my Medium II.
For my Kaffe version, I'm using up almost everything I have left of the Red/Pink large floral, that I used in Clue #6.  Plus, I've added the Blue/Orange polka dot for my Medium II. 
Just some quick tips and reminders.  If you need more assistance, check out Clue #6's Blog Post.

Take your time cutting, especially sub cutting the V Block Center Triangle and Side Triangles. 



Double check your orientation, as you want to make sure that the Med-Dark of the Quarter Square Triangle is on the bottom of the block and that the 4 Patch chain is going towards the center.  

Several of you emailed me about having trouble with your points.  In order for the V Block unit's points to be perfect and equal, it is very important to have a great 1/4" seam when sewing the V Block to the other units. You want to make sure that your "point" is 1/4" back from the edge of your fabric, so that you don't lose the point when you sew the block into the quilt.  
Check out my stitching, a consistent 1/4" seam which will allow that V Block point to be perfect.


How TADA!  I love this block and it is going to be key in our design!  


Make sure to check out my newsletter for this week or last week, to hear about the Fabric Reveal for my next Mystery, Glorious Splendor. 
Early Bird Sign - Up in mid-November

The Fabric Reveal date to Tuesday, November 16th, at 6pm. I will go LIVE from The Yankee Quilter. Ideally this would be held in December, but we need to do it in November since I will be having Knee Replacement surgery and therefore I'm not sure how I will feel in December.

I'm still working through the details, so stay tune for more information. Here is what I can tell you about Glorious Splendor: 
* The Mystery will start late February (tentative -based on fabric delivery) and run for about 18 weeks through June. 
* The Mystery Quilt is a sampler quilt, it will build your quilting skills, and will be beautiful! 
* I've picked out two fabulous lines; one print and one Batik. 
* If you like what I've picked, you will be able to pre-order kits starting on November 16th from The Yankee Quilter. 
* You could also pick your own fabric, I will have fabric information available on the 16th. 
* I will be offering two Memberships types; Clue and Class and Clue Only. You will be able to get early bird pricing for signing up in November.

Stay tuned for more! 

Right now, I can't wait to see your Blocks for Clue #10!



Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!