Barnyard Gate is Clue #16
Barnyard Gate is Clue #16! This is a really fun block, on the easy side, so many of you will be happy. We are on the home stretch here, so hang on, this is going to be a beauty. I had to take this week's photo at the Lake House, so why not take it from the dock.
I'm primarily resting and relaxing this week. However, those of you that run your own business know, you are rarely truly off. However, I am sewing, hanging out with some of my best friends, taking a few hikes and best of all... enjoying sunsets on the dock. We've actually experienced almost all of the seasons here this week. We arrived to fall weather, experienced a cold front that had it feeling like winter, but then had our feet in the water yesterday as we had summer like temperatures.
The cold snap earlier in the week, has given us the opportunity to see some of the colors start to pop.
While I've been busy, mostly with some secret sewing, putting the final touches on my next Mystery, the Best of the 60's, some of my friends have completed their quilts. Carol finished her Starflower Surprise yesterday, and it is a beauty.
|Carol's version of Starflower Surprise|
We've have a couple more days. I'm so glad we did it. I know it is difficult during these times to get together. However, you may want to consider renting a private residence within a couple hours of each other. All of your friends will need to take precautions to stay safe leading up to the gathering, but it will allow you to get together safely. It is beautiful and really important to recharge a bit. I'm especially grateful given that I have a busy next couple of months. I actually have a few in-person events coming up, several more virtual events, plus kicking off my next Mystery in November, and tons of secret sewing quilt projects to get finished for a few fabric companies.
- Next weekend, I will actually have my first in-person Stay in Your Bed Retreat, since this all started. It will be held at The Yankee Quilter, in Connecticut. We reduced the number allowed to keep it safe and it is sold out.
- However, in a couple of weeks, we have our first Virtual Stay-Retreat. There are a few spots left. We are going to Zoom from our sewing machines, have virtual tables between lessons, and tons of fun over three days, October 15th-17th. For more information and to sign-up Click HERE.
- Then, I have an in-person retreat at the Strong House Inn, November 12th-15th. 4 days and 3 nights of fun, where you can learn to master the Wedge Star; selecting either Dogwood Lane or Starflower Surprise. More information available HERE, sign up through the Strong House Inn.
I'm finalizing fabric requirements and should have those to you within the next two weeks. I'm working with two fabric companies, for those of you that want to use fabric from one of my selections. They are Island Batik and Moda, I will reveal the actual lines when I have the yardage ready. I've also worked with some Quilt Shops where you will be able to pre-order the fabric as both lines are shipping within the next few weeks. More to come.
I've put together a PDF that you can download: Best of the 60's Download Teaser, however here are the basics.The Best of the 60's Mystery series will basically be a Technique Building Series of the Star 60 tool.
- Each week will take you step-by-step through all the fabulous units and blocks you can make with this tool.
- There will be over 24 techniques shared throughout the length of the series.
- Given how much work and time goes into my Mystery series, I’ve decided to charge for this series. The earlier you enroll in the series, the lower the price. Register on membership launch week (10/2-8), next week and it will be a $1 a clue. - More information in the download.
- Since there are a lot of new techniques with this Mystery, I’ve decided to offer several levels of membership. You can choose from Clue or Clue and Class Membership. Again, the earlier you sign up, the lower the price. - More information in the download.
- As always, each week, the Blog will feature a mini-pictorial and tips for each week’s block(s), however the Blog will not have the detailed measurements.
- The Blog post will remain on the Blog, but the Clues will only be available through a membership.
- For those wanting additional help, you can explore the Clue and Online Class Membership Option.
- Each week when the Clue is released, you will be able to immediately download the Clue.
- The Clue will be available throughout the series and for 4 weeks after the final reveal.
- You will be limited to 3 downloads per Clue.
- The Clue will be encoded with your email address.
- If you elect “product updates” you will receive an email notification when the Clue is posted. Otherwise you can log in each week with a special link sent at the time of registration.
- Access to a private Facebook Group.
|Clue Membership Rate Structure|
- You will get all the benefits of the Clue Membership including the downloadable Clues.
- Additionally, you will have access to online/on demand weekly videos which will walk you step-by-step through the weekly technique and construction.
- The Video and Clue will be available as each Clue is released.
- If you elect “product updates” you will receive an email notification. Otherwise, you can log into your Teachable account each Friday evening and access the current and prior releases.
- The Clues and Videos will be available for one year after start date. Basically 6 months after the reveal
|Clue and Club Membership Rate Structure|
Barnyard Gate, is made up of Non-Mirror Image Combination Units and Flipped Corner Squares. Now, we made Non-Mirror Image Combination Units in Clue #6... but it has been some time and we are actually making the reversed, therefore I want to give you a few tips and reminders on this technique. As always, the details are in the DOWNLOAD. However, please read below to ensure you are set up for success.
|Michelle's Fig Christmas selection|
|Michelle's Sun Print 2020 selection|
|Start on the Right Line|
|Here is the path you will take|
|Stitch mid-way through the drawn center square|
|Then down the Left Line|
|Here is what your stitch line will look like|
|Rotate 90 degrees and start on the Right Side|
|Same path, different set of lines|
|Stitch to midway through the drawn square|
|Then down the lower Left Line|
|Here is what you stitch lines will look like|
|Next, cut down the center vertically|
Note: you will soon be able to purchase my Sew On the Go Ruler Handles
|Press towards the darker fabric|
|Next you will pin and sew this to the Half Square Triangle, be very careful to let your sewing machine do the stitching as you have exposed bias. |
|Be careful when laying out your blocks|
|Double check your orientation|
|Michelle's Fig Christmas - Barnyard Gate|
|Michelle's Sun Print 2020 - Barnyard Gate|
Two more weeks! Are you excited?