Grand Central Clue #4 & Strong House Inn

Yeah, it's Friday!  

I'm at the Strong House Inn, in Vergennes, VT for my annual Quilter's Choice Retreat.  
Mother nature decided to give us a snow storm for this year's retreat.  So, most of the quilters decided to travel to the area a day early, including me, and we beat the snow.  

Yesterday we had the morning to do what we wanted.... So, most of us elected to check out some of the local quilt shops while there was a break in the storm.  Everyone got back before the storm kick up again.  Now, we are perfectly happy to stay in and sew!

Amy and DJ, the Strong House Inn's Innkeepers, continue to make beautiful updates and improvements.  I love what they are doing! I slept so well the last two nights in a nice new comfy bed.  Those that know me, know how big of a deal this is, as I struggle to sleep while traveling.  This morning, we all woke to a fabulous breakfast.

The ladies are ready to start Day 2 of the Retreat.  Last night they got started on their projects.  My annual Quilter's Choice retreat, is the only retreat I hold each year that allows retreaters to pick from any of my patterns.  We keep the small retreat, since often the ladies all pick different projects.   It is a lot of fun!

This year several of the ladies are working on Sparkle.  Then we other some others that have selected Majesty Lemoynes, Calm Seas, Retreat and Zig Zag Zany.  

Tons of fun!  The ladies are from Vermont, Massachusetts, Utah, and several from New York.  Last night we had a great dinner and Quilter's Show and Tell. 

Check out these Quilts.










If you are interested in attending a retreat with just 12 quilters, please check out my March 12th-15th.  For more information, check out the Quilting in Vermont Webpage.


Ticker Tape Parade -  Last call for my first Slide Show of Ticker Tape Parade.  Please email me the photos of your quilts by Sunday.   I know a few of you are close, so if you get a chase to sew this week, send me your photo.  Next week, I will be publish the slide show.  If there is enough of you that finish later, I will put together another slide show in a few weeks.    Please email all photos to michelle.hiatt@sewonthego.net.


Grand Central Mystery Quilt Series


Clue #4 - Only available to Thursday, February 13th. 

For Clue #4 you will be making more Diamond Wedges and cutting Half Square Triangles.  Once again, we will use the Wedge Star Ruler to make the Diamond Wedges.  Remember, you can use the Tucker Trimmer II it will come in handy in cutting the Half Square Triangles.


Okay, remember the details are in the Download.  If you need help making this week's units, make sure to check out the pictorial I put together for Clue #2: Blog Post- Clue #2.   I promise there are a lot of great tips.  Note: This is not an exact repeat of Clue #2.  Please review Clue #4.

That's about it, it is a short week, since you mastered the technique two weeks ago.  Plus, I have a bunch of quilters to get started on enjoying day #2 of Quilter's Choice Retreat!

Hope you all have a good weekend.  We know we will!

I wanted to take a brief moment and thank all of you for the kind thoughts and prayers.  Many of you sent me beautiful emails, messages and cards.  I greatly appreciate all of your thoughts.  Steve, the pups, and I are slowly moving through the grief process.  Thank you all again.   

Keep Stitching,
Michelle 

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!