Quilt Odyssey Wrap-Up and Clue #11!

Another busy week!  Last weekend we wrapped up Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA.  Thank you to all of you that took my classes and stopped by the booth.  We loved seeing your finished projects and helping you start some new projects.  

Last Friday, I taught Majesty Lemoyne!  A combination of my Majesty Lemoyne Star and a modern Log Cabin!  It was a really fun class.  I love seeing everyone's fabric choices!
2019 Quilt Odyssey ~ Majesty Lemoyne Class

Last Saturday, I taught Periwinkle Swirl! A combination of the Periwinkle block and my Swirl Block.  Such fun!  For those that spend three days with me (thank you!) or even two, they all felt this was the easier class.  I have to agree, I love this quilt but I love how easily it comes together more!.  We had a great time in class. 
2019 Quilt Odyssey ~ Periwinkle Swirl
When we wrapped up MAQ, just over 2 weeks ago, I challenged all of my MAQ- Oh-Hi-O My Star Students.  I told them if they completed piecing their entire quilt top and brought it to Quilt Odyssey by last Sunday, I would have a special prize for them!


Well, three completed it!
Megan's!

Kathy's

Lynn's!
Great job ladies! 

I spent much of the week processing paperwork and just trying to get caught up after a crazy couple of weeks.  I'm still behind.  LOL!  

Holiday Extravaganza ~ Clue #11 

As soon as I release this blog submission, and email my newsletter, I'm off to Rangeley Maine!   I can't wait.  This is my annual Instructor Retreat.  It is our last year at the Quilter's Retreat Inn in Rangeley.  A little sad, but our friends Dan and Carol are selling the Retreat Inn.  We are happy for them, but sad we are losing our annual spot.  We will continue meeting, but we will have to find a new gathering place.   I can't wait to Sew, Sew, Sew!  Plus, hang out with some great friends. 

In any event, since I will be on the road for seven hours today, I've elected to go with a repeat technique.   

Holiday Extravaganza ~ Clue #11~ Lemoyne As Triangle - Lighter version
Block 11 ~ Lemoynes as Triangles

You will be make (4) Lemoyne as Triangle Blockswith the Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star  tools from Studio 180 Design.   Many of you will remember that you made (2) Sets of (4) (8) Lemoyne as Triangle Blocks in Clue #6 and #6B, however, now we are going to make a version that has a lighter fabric in the half square triangle.  Still, for tips and tricks, I'm going to refer you to Clue #6 Blog Post.


You can get cutting instructions in the download.  Try and select a lighter fabric than you did in Clue #6.  The Star fabrics will still be Mediums, but ideally you should place a lighter large print in your half square triangle. 

My Holiday and Vintage Christmas versions: 
Holiday vs Vintage Christmas 

That is it for this week!  I'm hitting the road.  Hopefully having a better day than yesterday.  Yesterday, I had a flat tire that ended up stealing my entire day!  So, trying.    Fingers crossed for an uneventful drive to Rangeley!


Keep stitching,
Michelle

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!