Timeless with a Twist ~ Setting 3 ~ Vivacious!

A bonus download this week for those following along with my Timeless with at Twist Series, the 3rd quilt setting option!

Vivacious!
Vivacious ~ Timeless with a Twist ~ By Michelle Renee Hiatt
This Quilt Setting uses any thirty (30) Timeless with a Twist Blocks and is a Queen Size quilt (90" x 105").   You will make  Cornerstones and Sashing with V Block and (Newer) Square²  (Or Large Square Squared).



I achieved this look but selecting a stunning Medium Gray floral for the outer border and then a light gray/almost taupe solid fabric for the sashing.   It provide just enough shading, but doesn't overwhelm, allowing the focus to be on these fabulous blocks.   The thirty blocks are set in a 5 x 6 setting. 

  • I was originally going to make this setting using twenty-four (24) blocks, but the 4 x 6 setting was an odd shape.  If you wanted, you could reduce one of the columns, only using 24 blocks, it might work as a twin.  
  • Similarly, you could make this with twenty-five (25) blocks, creating a square quilt, that would make a great double. 

I loved the way this quilt turned out.  It is challenging to bring 30 Sampler Block together in one quilt.  Sashing will always help to square up those blocks, although squaring up your blocks with the Tucker Trimmer III should keep the block size from being an issue.  However, bringing all those colors/fabrics together is sometimes tough.  A great floral or large printing incorporating colors from most of the blocks will help.  I felt the gray floral combined the large print, however was also a neutral.  Then the gray solid sashing, continued with a neutral theme, but helped the blocks stand out by providing a gentle lift off the background.

I can't wait to see what all of you come up with!  Remember to share your finished blocks and quilts on the Facebook Group.

You will note this post is off-cycle from my typical Friday post, if you want to make sure you don't miss out on these off-cycle posts, you will want to make sure to subscribe to my Blog Post.  If you subscribe, you will get an email alert when I post on my blog.  I will most likely send an off-cycle newsletter due to today's blog content, but I don't always send a newsletter when I post, so make sure you are subscribing to both!
Make sure to download this Quilt Setting by Thursday, November 8th.   Sorry, I'm only keeping it up for 5 days.

Back to working on the Mystery for 2019!

Keep Stitching,
Michelle

Comments

  1. Is it possible to get the timeless with a twist patterns ? I just found the blocks when I did the Sunset on the Sound QAL and love the blocks. Are these the same blocks as the Block Buster Blocks Deb tucker publishes ? I have the patterns for all her blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peggy, they blocks will be available in an upcoming books series of mine, they aren't the ones that Studio 180 publishes. If you want the full story, page back to my December 2017 posts and you will hear how they came about. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!