Third of the way through Glorious Splendor!

 Clue #6 is Brilliant Beauty! 

This is a fabulous block, it is pretty straight forward, we are going to add the Corner Pop tool to the series which I take you through below.  

This block does call for 6 fabrics and ideally fussy cutting that perfect center.  Consider using a triadic color plan for your block.  Pick a wow fabric for your center and think about fussy cutting it.  If you are in the Clue and Class, make sure to check out my videos on it. 

For the Popped HST, we are going to start by making the Half Square Triangle and trimming it down normally. 
Then it is time to use the Corner Pop.  
Left Handed- Place on the lower right hand side over the Light-Med

Right Handed - Place on the lower Left Hand side over the Light-Med

Left Handed

Right Handed

Right Handed

Left Handed
Next you will sew on the Replacement Triangle. 
Make sure to sew with the Half Square Triangle Unit on top

Press towards the Replacement Triangle 
Time to trim. 
Make sure you are lining up the proper size trim line and that your unit remains the proper size.  Right Handed above, Left handed below.


Right Handed - Tada!

Left Handed -Tada

Both of my fabric selection Popped Half Square Triangles

Next, you will make Flying Geese for B and C units.  Make sure that you have the proper fabrics paired.
My B units for both of my fabric selections

My C units for both of my fabric selections

Once you have your units completed, it is time to pair your Flying Geese units to create the Column.  Make sure to pin to keep your units matching perfectly. 
Lay out your units, check your orientation, these will come together easily, I suggest sewing with your Flying Geese on top to mind your quarter inch.
My Bermuda Batik version

My Paisley Rose version

How TADA!  My Bermuda Batik version

How TADA!  My Paisley Rose version

I hope you love Brilliant Beauty!  I can't wait to see your blocks online!  I have to get back to my Strong House Inn Retreat, where we are having tons of fun.  Make sure to check out our progress on my Facebook page


Keep Stitching,

Michelle 

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!