Sunset on the Sound Clue #13 and Quilt Odyssey 2019

Wow!  It has been a busy couple of weeks!  Two weekends ago we had a fabulous Sleep in Your Bed Retreat at The Yankee Quilter.  We had 12 wonderful quilters, tons of laughs, and they put up with me being horribly sick.  We still had a blast and I look forward to the September Retreat.

Last week, I lead 5 terrific classes at AQS Quiltweek in Lancaster.  I meet so many new-to-me quilters, many of whom are following along in my Sunset in the Sound Quilt Mystery.   Plus, many of you stopped by and said hello, it was great to see you all!  Thank you for the great support!

All of my classes were so full of both quilters and techniques, that I didn't get a chance to do much social media.  So, I only have one class photo to share, but all of my classes were a blast and I apologize for not getting photos of all the classes, but we worked to the end!
AQS Quiltweek Lancaster ~ Sparkle Class
Plus, while I was at AQS Quiltweek, Stephen picked up Periwinkle Swirl and Moonlight Garden from the printers!  We spent all day Sunday processing hundreds of pre-orders!  Thank you all so much for the support!  If you didn't purchase your copy yet, you can purchase them at my online shop or ask for them at your Local Quilt Shop!
Just Release ~ Moonlight Garden and Periwinkle Swirl
This morning, The Yankee Quilter is hosting Scott Fortunoff, President of Jaftex Fabric.  TYQ asked if they could borrow some of my quilts made with Jaftex (parent company of Free Spirit) Fabric.  Of course I said yes!  I stopped by last night and checked out the presentation room.  Wow!  It looks fabulous!
Zig Zag Zanny, Lightning, Summer Star, Blue Starry Night, & Jenn's Journey

Calm Seas, Spring Bouquet, Diamonds in the Sky, In Flight, & Combo Weave
On the planning front, Lynn Wheatley and I are getting ready for our Spring Getaway Retreat at Lake Morey in Vermont.  We are just 4 weeks away, May 2nd- May 5th!  It will be our first year at Lake Morey Resort and we are super excited that we have 28 Retreaters.  We will be making it an annual event!  Next year, we will be adding a day, so the 2020 dates are: Wednesday, April 29th -Sunday, May 3rd.  Those attending this year, will have the rights to their spots next year, they can book it at the retreat.  Then, on May 4th we will open enrollment for any open spots.   Once we post the registration form, you can complete it and send in, the open spots will go to those on a first received basis.  We hope to have the rates and registration form posted the week leading up to this year's event.

Quilt Odyssey Registration opens tomorrow, April 6th, at Noon.!   I'm already screening emails from students hoping to get into my classes.   I will be teaching Moonlight Garden, Majesty, and Periwinkle Swirl!  You can check out my classes here: Michelle's Classes at Quilt Odyssey  Enroll early!

Now for Clue #13 of my Sunset on the Sound Mystery Series!  More assembly!  

Can you believe we only have 3 more Clues after today?  Actually we have 2 more Clues after today, and then the reveal!  The SOTS Facebook group is getting fired up!  I love them, they poke fun at me pretty good but I love seeing their work.   If you want to join the group please remember to answer the questions to admit you to the group.

Also, make sure you are downloading your clues!  We are over the count of ten clues, so I'm taking down the Clues in date order as I put up the new clues.  Those clues are no longer available as this quilt will be patterned later. 

Okay, Clue #13!  

We will be using all of the M2 Squares and the remainder of the BG Rectangles. Plus, some of the M1 Rectangles and D1/L1 HST units!  We have two combos to make!

First; the M2 Squares from Clue #3 are going to be paired with the M1 Rectangles from Clue #4, creating  M2 Square/M1 Rectangle Units!

First part of Clue #13


Next; we will be taking most of the remaining D1/L1 HST from Clue #3 pairing them with the remaining BG Rectangles from Clue #2, creating HST/Background Rectangle Units!

The Download will have the specifics, but per usual, I have a few tips below, but they are really simple this week as both of these units come together easily. 


  • Remember to check your orientation on the Half Square Triangles  Use the See It - Flip It - Sew It method that I mentioned almost every week and to all of you in class.

  • Make sure you count your M1 Rectangles, you will only be using half of them.  You don't want to go sewing crazy, attaching all the M2 Squares to the M1 Rectangles and realize half those M2 Squares should have been on other side of half the M1 Rectangles.  You will have half the M1 Rectangles remaining, unsewn, at the end of Clue #13.

That is really it.  A nice simple Clue to get you back on track after a week of rest! 💗  Next week, I may not be so easy on you. 😊  Next week, shhhh!  I may reveal a few details (or a bit of a tease) on my Christmas Extravaganza Mystery that will kick off a few weeks after Sunset on the Sound ends.  

Don't forget to sign up for classes at Quilt Odyssey tomorrow!  Also, I have a few spots left in my Vermont Quilt Festival classes, I would love to see you in class.  You can check out my VQF classes here: Vermont Quilt Festival Classes (filter on Speaker = Michelle Renee Hiatt)

Have a great weekend.  I plan to be sewing away getting the next cover quilt done (well after we finish our taxes)! 

Keep stitching,
Michelle

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!