Block 37 ~ Crazy Ann & Fall Quilt Camp!

Crazy Ann, in an unknown clipping, is credited to Finley, dated in 1929.   In researching, I found this same block with its double Split Rectangles and Shaded Four-Patches, which create that hexagon, known by several other names.  Two of blocks are also credited to Finley, in 1929; Follow the Leader, and Twist and Turn.  Additionally, it was also known as Crazy Anne, with an “e”, in the Kansas City Star, on October 15, 1932. 
B37 ~ Crazy Ann ~ Michelle's Fabric Selection 1
Crazy Ann is very similar to Crazy House, which only has single Split Rects, but the same Shaded Four-Patches in the corners.  It seems Crazy Ann, carried the crazy into Crazy Ann.  :)  I think we all know a crazy Ann that keeps us laughing!  Whatever you want to call it, I think it is a fabulous block. 

This week I was consumed with getting ready for Fall Quilt Camp and rebuilding my website (www.sewonthego.net).  I've been planning on rebuilding my website for some time, but I've been a little busy.  However, my web platform was being retired, which made it a must do!  I hope you like it, I'm quite proud of it, especially given the time frame and my many other hats this week.



Please check it out and let me know what you think!  www.sewonthego.net

This week we kicked off  Fall Quilt Camp in Rangeley, hosted by my good friends Dan and Carol Perkins of Threads Galore Quilt Shop.
Michelle, Carol and Dan
I look forward to this retreat, it is such a beautiful time of year.  Plus, the retreat is so well run thanks to Carol and Dan's expert experience honed over the last 15+ years.  As I stated last week, I will forever be grateful, that they introduced me to the area, so many great quilters, and the beautiful Rangeley Inn.

Rangeley Inn, Haley Pond
As many of you know, Dan and Carol have decided this Fall will be their last hosted retreat, which brings me great sadness, but I totally understand.  Organizing a retreat takes a lot of advance planning to pull off a well run, well attended, and well loved Retreat.  Quilt Camp at Rangeley is all of those things!  I'm thrilled that my good friend, Lynn Wheatley is willing to partner with me for Fall Quilt Camp 2019, and that Travis and team, at the Rangeley Inn, were able to work with us and make it possible for Lynn and I to be able to host this wonderful Retreat in 2019.  Many of the ladies here are registering for next year, but I expect we will make the waitlist.  Lynn and I will be contacting folks over the next week, that are on the waitlist.  If we have any spots after that, we will open it to the public.

Ok, back to this year's Retreat.  This week Carol had a surprise visitor at the shop, it seems a local Moose heard Quilt Camp was starting and wanted in on the action!
Moose at Threads Galore Quilt Shop
Wednesday, the rest of the Quilters arrived and we had a fabulous Show and Tell.   Here is a slide show I put together with some highlights from our first day, including Show and Tell, on Wednesday.  


If you want to check out more of the quilts, plus all the great action, be sure to check out my SEW ON THE GO Facebook page.  While you are there be sure to "LIKE" and "FOLLOW" to stay up to date on all the action!

So, in addition to my new website, Fall Quilt Camp at Rangeley, a few days of Consulting, I managed to prepare Block 37, Crazy Ann.    All three techniques have been in the series, if you need any tips on the techniques, check out Block 31's Blog Post for the Split Rects pictorial or Block 4's Blog Post to refresh yourself with the Shaded 4 Patch technique.

Let's talk about Color!

This week, I went with a Split Complementary Color Plan for my first fabric selection of Art Gallery scraps.  Selecting the Aqua Green (7) and going across the color wheel to Red (19) for my Medium and Light.
Block 37 ~ Michelle's Fabric Selection 1
 For my second fabric selection, I went with a Triadic color plan.  Starting with the Blue Violet (12), and selecting Orange-Red (20) and Spring Green (4).
Block 37 - Michelle's Fabric Selection 2
Check out this block!  Make sure to download this week's block instructions, on my rebuilt website Sew On the Go - Download.  The download will only be available through Thursday, October 25th.
Block 37 ~ Crazy Ann ~ Michelle's second fabric selection
I have one more important note today!

17 years ago today, I married my best friend Stephen.  Stephen has always supported me whether my job was moving me across the country, had me on the road for weeks at a time, or was working me 70 hours a week.  He has always had my back, even when I'm wrong.  He is always there with a smile and a hug.  When I wanted to step away from a stressful position to pursue my dream he was there and continues to be everyday as I follow my dream which often puts me on the road, missing important days like today.  Stephen I love you!
October 19, 2001
Well, I must get back to Fall Quilt Camp!

Don't forget to download this week's block and be sure to check out my rebuilt website!

Keep Stitching,
Michelle

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!