Happy Tuesday! Bonus Blog post this week, as I'm hosting one of today's stops on the Whistle Stop Tour! From yesterday, September 9 through next Monday, September 16, 2019, ten S180 Certified Instructors will show you how to make the blocks for the Union State quilt. We will be using Deb Tucker's new Signature Collection, Steam Engine by Kathy Engle for Island Batik. Each day of the hop, you will tour a different S180 Certified Instructor's blog to download the cutting instructions for each block. The download will give you fabric placement and a block layout diagram for a 12” block. Instructions for making the pieced border will come in the middle of the tour. On Monday, September 16th you will receive the finishing instructions for the quilt from the S180 Blog. So, what are you waiting for? Hop on board! Today's block is from S180 BlockBuster's Block #39, Do the Twist!. This is a fabulous block. It is made using the Rapid...
I'm so existed I have a lot of fun information to share with you today. A free Block and a new pattern series! Plus, a new series of mini-online classes. Quilt Block Mania First, a couple weeks back, several quilt designers got together and decided we'd put together some FREE themed quilt blocks to share with all of you! All of these blocks finish at 12″ x 12″. You can download all the Blocks for free, or just your favorites. This month theme is "Return to School", therefore I decided to make and share the School Girl's Puzzle. School Girl's Puzzle School Girl's Puzzle is made up of Half Square Triangles and utilizes four values of fabric plus Background. Light, Light-Medium, Medium and Dark. I've provided step-by-step instructions in my download. It comes together easily with the help of the Studio 180 Design Tucker Trimmer I . All of the designers are using the same color plan in their Blocks. There...
It is StashBUSTER Tuesday! Once again, I've partnered up with some fabulous quilt designers for Quilt Block Mania ! I have a bunch to share today; new pattern that is launching, a new class, and a free Block download! NEW PATTERN RELEASE I adore this month's Stashbuster Quilt, Turning Up Pumpkins . Turning Up Pumpkins You can make this fabulous quilt with stash, scraps, or new fabric. The pumpkins are made with 10-11 Fat Quarters. I selected Moda's Fig Tree's All Hallow Eve and then supplemented with a few older Moda Fat Quarters. The setting blocks are made with yardage; 1 yards darker gray and 1/2 yard lighter gray. Add 2 yards Background and a fabulous border and you are all set! This is the perfect Fall pattern design, you can use similar-in- color Fat Quarters to make up your Pumpkins (or even Apples) . You could even go with Halloween theme fabric and make this more of a Halloween quilt. You do...
Double the fun with Diamond Delight A and B! Clue #3 has us using (4) of the Holiday Diamond #1 and #2 from Clue #2. Plus, we are going to use the same fabric that we used in from Clue #1, with one addition. We are going to select another dark fabric, to create the new to the series technique, Square-in-Square. My Moda' Comfort and Joy version My Moda Wild Blossom version As stated above, we are going to use the same fabric as Clue #1 with one additional of a new dark. Moda' Comfort and Joy Moda Wild Blossom If you are a member, make sure to check out the Clue and Video lessons in my Teachable School . If you aren't and want to join in, you can get more information at: Holiday Blossom Quilt Mystery Series . I'm off to teach at the Sleep in Your Bed Retreat at The Yankee Quilter. Keep Stitching, Michelle
Over the River.... Have you figure out the theme song behind the Holiday Solstices blocks yet? Everyone should have it by now. Put your guesses in comments below.
Comments
Post a Comment