Woo Hoo! It is time to kick-off Glorious Splendor!

Woo Hoo!  Finally, we are kicking off Glorious Splendor Mystery Series!  Wow, I don't know about you, but I am ready!

Make sure you have taken the time to prepare your fabric for cutting.  You can watch how I prepare on my free video on my YouTube Channel

For Clue #1 be sure to go with one of your more solid-ish, darker fabrics to use in A&B Units.  I would consider one that carries the main color from your Border. 



For my E Units, where I need (30) Fat Quarters, I elected to use those with the greatest contrast to my Background. 



For Clue #1 we need the Square Squared tool, or you can use the Large Square Squared.
Make sure to get (4) bags ready; Partial Fat Quarters and Remnants of your Fat Quarters.
Plus, Remnants of your Background Fabric, and a special Bag to store Clue #1 items in.  

Some quick tips for making your Square-in-Square Units

  • Make sure to cut your perfect centers for your Units A and B using the Square Squared ruler.
 
  • Take the time to line up with the proper Center size for both Unit A and B
Right Handed

Left Handed

  • Lay out the units and stitch them together with your best 1/4" 


Make sure to stitch with the Square on top and double check your 1/4" Seam

Put the next side on, in the same fashion


Trim the dog ears and add the next two sides

You may want to pin, to ensure your sewing machine doesn't pull the bottom side triangle in faster than the top.  We do not want wavy seams.

  • Take your time to trim down to the proper size unit, line up all 4 x marks. 
Right Handed



Left Handed



  • Stay organized.  Make sure to put your units in a safe place.

  • I recommend placing all your Units for Clue #1 into one bag, folded neatly. 

That wraps up Clue #1, I'm off to teach for the next three days at the Yankee Quilter, for a Sleep in Your Bed retreat!.

Keep Stitching,
Michelle 


Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!