Can you say Diamond Rects....

Now I don't want you to panic, and no it isn't a typo, we are going to make (60) Diamond Rects!

Did I say don't panic.  They don't all have to be finished today, or even this week.  I put them early in the series so you could take a little bit to finish them.  It is better to take your time and have them perfect than to rush.  I promise.  

I have some tips for you and you already have a lot of the fabric ready...  :) 

A few of my Paisley Rose Diamond Rects

A few of my Bermuda Batiks Diamond Rects

Oh, and I have a special announcement, it's so late, I almost forgot. Wednesday, I'm going to be going LIVE from the Yankee Quilter, on my Facebook page, revealing the fabric I selected for my next Holiday Medallion Series!  It's call Holiday Retreat, and it will be launching in late August running to late November.  We know it is early, but I picked and the Yankee Quilter ordered, two fabric lines that will be here early!  Yes, fingers crossed, it will arrive a few weeks/month early.  On Wednesday, I will be sharing a few more details about the series, make sure to tune in. 


You will want to pick (10) of the strips you reserved in Clue #1, make sure to pick a variety of colors and textures (patterns). 
Be careful cutting your wide strips and consider using the Stripology Ruler for your sub cuts.  I did!
Make sure you are storing your Rectangles.  Later, I will add my completed Diamond Rects to the bag with my Rectangles. 
Now let's talk Diamond Rects - I recommend only cutting one strip at a time and make sure it is pressed 
Rights start on the left

Make your first cut and trim the top

Turn the unit around and cut the other side

Tada!

Then continue down the strip

Lefties start on the right side

Make your first cut and trim the top

Turn the unit around and trim the other side

Tada!

Then continue down the strip.
Now the Side Triangles, you want to keep these in pair, with either right side together.  
Line it up with the proper size

And cut
Make sure to take the time to assign the Side Triangles, to the proper corner, as you pick then off the mat
Paisley Rose - Keep them neat.  They should form a Rectangle

Bermuda Batiks Keep them neat.  They should form a Rectangle

Constructions Tips: Consider making one, end to end, before power sewing. 
Always see it, flip it left, and line up, then sew.  You only need a small amount of extra Side Triangle under the skinny point of the Diamond.


Take your time pressing - do not stretch - Finger press, and press

The same line up for your second Side Triangle

Trim the dog ears that would interfere with sewing the next two side.  Then see it, flip it left, line it up - the point of the Diamond should almost line up with the point of the Side Triangle.  I let my Side Triangle hang out a few threads.

The same goes for the last Side Triangle placement.
Next is trim down.
Right Handed - place the Diamond Rect vertically

Line up with the proper Xs and trim

Rotate 180 degree, line up and trim down 

Left Handed Handed - place the Diamond Rect horizonal, line up and trim.

Rotate, line up and trim.
Now, remember you don't need to rush and get these done.  Take your time, and make them well.  Consider using them as starters/leaders if you are working on another project.  
Beautiful!
I can't wait to see your.  Remember if you are a member of the Clue and Class, I have a bunch of other tips for you on the Class.

Remember to post your Diamond Rects, maybe even do a "check-in" to keep you motivated. 

Keep Stitching,
Michelle 



Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!