Clue #5 - Are you ready for Lemoyne as Triangle?

 Clue #5 - Are you ready for Lemoyne as Triangle?  We are going to make (8) Lemoyne as Triangle Blocks.  When I had to merge a couple of Clues, I thought this would be a great one to make eight at once, since we really only need to piece half the block.  The other side of the block is a Half Square Triangle (HST) and a great place to show off some of the beautiful large scale prints!  For my Starflower Christmas, I selected on of the large florals with a white background for my light.  While for my Kaffe version, I went will the large scale print on the blue-green fabric.


Fabric Selection

For my main selection, I repeated two fabrics I used before for my Starpoints A and Starpoints B.  While for my Kaffe, I introduced two new fabrics that go great with my large scale print, and also create a triadic color plan which just POPs.


Construction Tips 

Make sure to pay attention to my alternative suggestion when setting up your strips for piecing.  I like to create a "House" and put my fabric inside.   Pay close attention to which is your A and B. 

Pay attention to the pressing.  A gets pressed towards the Background while B gest pressed towards the Starpoint fabric (the bright)
Right Handed quilters are going to pair their sets with the A on top and start on the left side.  
 Take your time to set up the 45 degree angle
I highly recommend using a thin ruler with a 45 degree line, it makes it easy to measure and keep that 45 degree angle going.


Left Handed Quilters are going to pair their sets with the B on top and start on the right side.  
Take your time to set up the 45 degree angle
I highly recommend using a thin ruler with a 45 degree line, it makes it easy to measure and keep that 45 degree angle going.  Leave the sub cuts on the mat.

2nd Cut

Take you time.  

Do not cut the tip of the diamond shape, the Starpoint.  

Right Handed - You want to make a 90 degree cut from the top of the strip, moving the ruler over to it just "kisses" the tip.  

Left Handed - You will flip the unit East to West, so it looks like the right hander.  You want to make a 90 degree cut from the stitch line, moving the ruler over to it just covers the tip.  

Take your cut offs and put them on outside.  


Next we are going to sew on the cut-off.   Sew with the Starpoint on top



Make sure you follow the pressing instructions.  When you turn your unit over, this is B, all the seams should be going the same directions.
For A, you will find the same thing.  This is important, so they nest in later steps. 
Time for trim down - Do not sew them together without trimming

Right Handed

Left Handed

You will put them together to form a triangle - not a square.  Sew the short seams. 

Press those seams open and trim the dog ears
Next put two quarters together.
Take the time to pin!


Press those seams open.  


Next you will attach them to your Half Square Triangle.


Take time to set the pieced unit in the middle, splitting the extra size of the HST.  

Pin!
Press carefully toward the Half Square Triangle.
Trim Down 

Right Handed

Left Handed



TADA!   I've only took a picture of (4) but you will be making (8). 


The Lemoyne as Triangle Blocks are going to add a beautiful feature to our Mystery Quilt. I can't wait for you to see it! 


Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!