Sunset on the Sound ~ Clue #10 and MAQ

You would never know that it is March by looking out the window at my house!    Snow everywhere and a week of very chilly temperatures.    It's weeks like this that having me wondering when I will see my garden beds again.

It's warm inside though!  As I'm running around like a nut!  😊  Busy, busy, busy.  I've been keeping up with my #sewonehourdaily (more like 4 hours daily!).   I was able to get Periwinkle Swirl quilted earlier this week and I got back the final tester comments on both Periwinkle Swirl and Moonlight Garden.  Both of those patterns will be heading to the printer soon.  Yeah!

I went with a great edge-to-edge on Periwinkle Swirl, it is a double size quilt after all.  Sometimes, I feel the quilt and it's design needs to speak on it's own.  Not everything needs to be custom quilted.   I love this quilt!
Coming Soon ~ Periwinkle Swirl
I'm also putting the finally touches on my new Color and Quilting 101 Workshop, I'm delivering it for the first time on Saturday, at The Yankee Quilter, in Seymour, CT.  That class is sold out, but we are offering it again in August.  You can check out details here, if you would like to join us!


On top of that, I have a sold out Sleep in Your Bed Retreat coming up, also at The Yankee Quilter, followed by Quiltweek at AQS Lancaster!  So, I'm fielding questions from students on those events.   Plus, hammering out details to teach and have a booth at Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, in July.

Speaking of another July Quilt Event, MAQ (Mid-Appalachian Quilters), held July 12th-15th, in Gettysburg, PA (yes, it moved this year) it opening their registration this Saturday, at 10am.  This is a fabulous event.  It is really an education forum, where we live and breathe quilting for 3 full days of fun.  There isn't a Quilt Show nor a Quilt Vendor Mall, but us teachers vend from our classroom, there are nightly activities from an Ice Cream Social, to a Lecture, and then of course Show-n-Tell.  Plus, most of the teachers and students stay in dormitories and what happens there, stays there. 😇  Let's just say there is a lot of fun.  I look forward to teaching at this event each year.

This is my 6th year teaching at the event and I hope to see some new faces along with some old friends.  I'm teaching Oh-Hi-O My Stars, my Technique Build Series, it is a sampler quilt, where you create 12 Ohio Star blocks that have been "freshen up" and are spectacular.  You have your choice of three quilt settings.  For more information; click here for more details!
Oh-Hi-O My Stars! ~ Just one of the Quilt Settings
Now for Clue #10 of my Sunset on the Sound Mystery Series!  Can you say Assembly!

Before I get started on today's clue, if you are just joining us for the Sunset on the Sound Mystery Series, you can get details on Fabric Requirements or details on the series in my early blog posts: start with Join Me for my Mystery Blog Post.   Then, work your way through the Clues, they are in date order.

If you want to join the Mystery series, make sure you subscribe to my mailing list, to received my weekly newsletter announcing the clues:  Sign up for Mailing List

Also, if you want to join the SOTS Facebook group, please remember to answer the questions to admit you to the group.  Also, make sure you are downloading your clues!  And if you have friends that want to join in the fun, tell them to hop to it, this is the last week that Clue #1 will on the website.

Okay, Clue #10!

We will be using some of the AC Corner Beams, some of the M2/BG Split Rects #1, and some of your BG Rectangles!  

Yep, it is getting interesting!  Some of the AC Corner Beam units from Clue #1 are going to be paired with some of the M2/BG Split Rects #1 from Clue #7 and then some more AC Corner Beams are going to be paired with BG Rectangles from Clue #2, creating 2 unit combinations!  AC CB/SR#1 and AC CB/BG Rectangles! 
AC CB/SR#1 ~ Corner Beam/Split Rects #1

AC CB/BG Rectangles ~ Corner Beam/Background Rectangles

In the Download, the specific details of how many units you are pulling and using, plus how many of each unit you will have left.

Reminders and Tips:
  • Be careful when pulling your Split Rects #1, double check that you have pulled Clue #6’s Split Rects #1 that has the seam running from the upper left corner to the bottom right corner.  We will not be using its mirror image in this clue.
  • We will not use all the of any of the units use in this Clue, you will have leftover, and you need to keep them in a safe place.  I suggest on the original paper plates.
  • Remember to check your orientation, I can not stress this enough.  Use the See It - Flip It - Sew It method that I mentioned last week and to so many of you in class.
Check that orientation

For both of the units
  • These clues are manageable, so don't rush.  Take your time and enjoy! 
  • Label.... yes it may look like you need a platter for that AC CB/BG  Rectangle Unit, but I just nicely fold them.  They will stay nice and neat!
Yep, that is the Queen Stack!
I think that is it for this week.  I can't wait for Spring, like I'm sure so many of you.  At least fabric is keeping my spirits up!  I hope this Mystery is giving many of you your weekly dose of quilting therapy!

Keep Stitching,
Michelle 


Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!