Mystery Prep! Let's get ready for Holiday Sensation!

 Let's get ready!  One week to Clue #1! It's time for Mystery Prep!


If you have purchased the Clue and Class Membership, make sure to log onto your Teachable.com account and watch this week's video.  I take you through my thinking on how and why I've put my fabric into the categories I've listed below. 

Fabric Analysis 

For this Mystery it is important to understand the categories your fabric falls into, therefore I suggest grouping them by Fabric Style.  Now if you have taken my Color & Quilting 101 online class, you know all about this.  However, if you need a brief refresher, I've analysis and grouped both my Fabric Selections below. 

What's next:

Once you have grouped everything, you may want to press and treat everything with a mist of Best Press or another sizing/starch product.  That way, you are ready to go when you get your first clue. 

Note:  You can elect to do this now, or at the beginning of each clue.  I highly recommend you at least prepare your background fabric now.  

Make sure you have your tools!


For this Mystery you will need the following tools:  

Are we ready to talk Fabric?

Starflower Christmas, by Moda, is my main fabric selection.

How TADA!!!

I first pulled Fabric that had a large amount of my Background Fabric in it. There will be special places, in the Mystery, for these fabrics.   

Then I put my Medium scale and Large Scale/Multi Color fabric together. 

Put the Color plus White accents together.

In this fabric selection, I have so very dense White accents on Color, so I put them in their own category.

I put all the tone-on-tones together. 

Finally, I have my "dimension" fabric that will probably read as striped in my blocks. 

Whether you are using this Starflower Christmas line or not, I think you will find that you will be able to group your Fat Quarters similarly.  

Curated Kaffe Collection, from Free Spirit, is my alternate Fabric Selection.  My non-holiday fabric.

This line is going to be more of a bit of a challenge.  We will need to pay attention to where and how we use these fabrics.  If you are using this collection, or another designer that has large scale prints, you are going to want to be careful and pay attention to my suggestions in this series. 

Just beautiful!


Pulled my Small Accents Prints.

This is a bit of a "doesn't fit the other categories well" grouping.  This may read as a bit of a tone-on-tone but they have these small accents.  

I pulled my Medium Multi-Color prints together

While these aren't true tone-on-tone fabrics, they are the closest we are going to get in this fabric selection. 

Multi-color "directional" fabric is grouped together.

I have a lot of Large Scale prints, so I put them in two categories. Aboce is the multi-colored large scale prints.   Below is more "tone-ish with a pop".    

Again, I hope this helps!  I think some of my groupings will relate to some of you using designers that like large prints, often with a lot of multi-colors. 

Important information - PLEASE READ

Clue Only Members:
  • Next week, you will receive an email from Sendowl (noreply@sendowl.com) notifying you that clue has been posted.
  • You need to click on that link, in that email, to download the Clue.
  • Or, if you saved your original sign-up email, you can use the link to access any downloads, and make changes to your email setting.
  • You will have the Clue's step-by-step instructions and graphics, plus the Blog to help you with the Clue.  I highly recommend you review the Blog post for tips first.
  • NOTE: I can not make changes to your Sendowl settings, access your downloads, etc.  You must log on yourself to do it.  As stated in the sign-up email, it is important for you to save that email and be able to access those key links.
  • If it were me, I would click on that link, and save it to my favorites in my browser.
  • Very important - As many of you have been confused.  If you purchased Clue Only, you will not have access to the Teachable platform or videos.  That is limited to those taking the Class.

Clue and Class Members:

  • You should have received an email from the Teachable platform (notifications@z.teachablemail.com or notification@m.teachablemail.com), notifying you that video has been posted and the prep class is ready. If you did not, search for the email address above.
  • You will need to log on to your Teachable account (www.teachable.com), go to the Let's Get Ready items in the curriculum.
  • There you will find the video. Next week, you will find the downloadable Clue #1 and the video lessons. Clues will be download.
  • Next week, you will have a series of Videos with step-by-step instructions, that you should watch in the order they are in the curriculum.  You can stop and start them at any time.  Rewind if needed, etc.
  • You can also access the Blog (https://sewonthego.blogspot.com/), if you would like, as it is public and open to all.
  • NOTE: I can not changes your settings, in Teachable, nor change your email address or preferences.  You need to do that. If you forgot your password, follow the prompts to reset your password.

That wraps up this week.  See you Friday, August 20th for Clue #1.

Keep stitching,

Michelle 




Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!