Getting settle in temp housing in CT

So, I moved into my temp housing...  so I can start the new job.  Left Steve and the pups in NJ to ride out the storm.  Guess what, the storm is here too.  So, given the State of emergency in CT... governor closed the roads, I'm getting my quilting area set up.   I need something to make me feel at home.

I've taken over the dining room... lord help the corporate housing people when they come in to clean, they are going to be wondering what happened.


I've only watch QVC on a few occassions, I can't watch it, I buy everything.  Thanks Cindy! - Yes, it is your fault.  Anyway, I saw these neat closet organizers.  I brought them up to help me with my shoes and purses, but found that they are actually good for my office and sewing supplies.  The Corp housing doesn't take office supplies nor sewing supplies into consideration.  But have no fear, I found a way to be organized.

I've only brought up UFOs and BOMs.  This way I won't be tempted to start something new.

I brought up my folding cutting board from the motorhome and then the $200 cutting board, that I never use at home - and I must start.  Push the dining table to the side and tada it is a cutting station... a little low but it will do.


I forgot to bring up a design wall, so the floor will have to do.  It is so funny without the dogs...  The first UFO will be Steve's man quilt that has been in it's current stage for 18 months. 

I'm off to sew, while I still have power.  The wind is incredible here, not too much rain, just the flood surge and wind -- 70-75 mph.

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!