The Heat, does it drive you inside or out?

The Heat - - -wow!  It has been crazy on the east coast.

For me, it drives me out early in the day and then in for the worst part of the afternoon.  Which is good, lets hope I get some sewing completed today. 

I've been really quiet these days.... Sorry.  When I'm not working or gardening, I've been working on the instruction for my July class; Constellations Quilt.  In addition to teaching the class.   Pennington is planning on selling the kit for the pattern I made using Deb Tucker's LeMoyne Star ruler.  So, I've been trying to put that together, where everyone can follow the instructions.  Deb has the basic instructions, but trying to tell someone how much to cut of what fabric I used and where I placed it.....  well, that takes time.
Constellation Quilt using Deb Tucker's LeMoyne Start Ruler
I'm also finishing up my August Class instructions, for my "Not Your Grandmother's Dresden" class.  Again, using a tool, but I've made up my own pattern... and Pennington wants to sell a kit...  here is a sneak peak...
Not Your Grandmother's Dresden.. is progress
I can't leave you without a few gardening pics... even though the heat is challenging my flowers, they are holding up....  I keep thinking I need to use some of these photos to inspire a color selection in my next quilt.
Yellow Calla Lily

Peachy Canna

Dinner Plate Dahlia

Pink Star Gazer Lily

Golden Star Gazer Lily

Yellow Naturalizing Daylily

Orange Two-Toned Naturalizing Daylily

Gladiolus White Prosperity


Gladiolus Yellow
Do you see a trend here....

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!