Check out my Holiday Samples

On top of my Corporate America job, I do some freelance work for a local quilt shop. 

However, this year, given the new full time Corporate American job, I never thought I would finish my Holiday Samples on time for a local quilt shop's Open House.  On top of dealing with everything else, I've been sick with a virus the last few days.  However, for once I didn't procrastinate too much.  I was waiting on Green and Pink rick rack forever, for the baby quilt sample, which left that to be the last thing to be put together and then quilted and bound.  I made it though... And I was pretty happy with the quality. 

Here is the Baby's Quilt:

I quilted it myself.  I will admit, I've only been renting a local long arm for about a year now and I was freaking out a bit....  But I got through it, not sure how.  I couldn't very well use a pantograph which meant I need to free motion quilt it and not hit the rick rack, applique, etc..  A few tense moments but I made it through.  And the binding... well it still took me 4 hours, but my wrists didn't hurt.

The Merry Pillow, the local quilt shop's kit actually lets you make two:



Then the Mistletoe Pillow.  I had my reservations on this one, but I have to tell you I ended up loving it.

Now, I just have to wait to get them back.  I hope the kits sell out.  Isn't that a funny, I feel like I should take it personally if the sample I make doesn't sell out.
 

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!