Completed the Tucker Tool Workshop & Pull Fabric for Loco for Lemoynes

Yesterday, I was feeling slightly better and I was able to complete the table runner top for Tucker Tool Workshop.   It is on the list for quilting today.

This table runner uses four Studio 180 tools; Corner Beam, Tucker Trimmer, Diamond Rects and Split Rects.  I think next time I'd include the Wing Clipper and add Flying Geese to the ends of the Split Rects.

However, it comes together really easily.  The Diamond Rects works like a dream.  This is Deb Tucker's latest tool.



And I love the Corner Beam, I think this has become my favorite block component of late.  I used it several times in my Tucker Tool Time Sampler:


Split Rects works great too, but this is the block that I think needs more...  maybe flying geese at the end of the split rects.

Additionally, I pulled from my stash for my Loco for Lemoyne Stars sampler.  Love using the stash!

A good trick; I needed 16 fabrics, plus background and border.  I pulled my border from my stash and I had a general idea on the colors I wanted based on my drawing and I checked the selvage of my border, sure enough there were 16 colors listed.  I used that as my guide and started pulling.  I'll admit, it pushed me to use a few that I wouldn't have pulled on my own, I love it!  I'm using a mix of Kaffe, Phillip Jacobs, and solids.


Here is the fabric I pulled, from Pennington Quilt Works for the Loco for Lemoyne Star Sampler that will be kitted for Pennington Quilt Works; a mix of Moda-Kate Spain Sunshine, Moda-V&Co, and Dear Stella.
 
 
I can't wait to get started!  These are my projects for today, once I go to Yankee Quilter to pull fabric for my Tucker Tool Time Workshop series for that sampler.   Plus, I will admit there are a few spring bulbs I didn't get planted and now need to create garden boxes for them...  aargh, not fun.  But my prize will be playing with Fabric!

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!