Sunset on the Sound Clue #14 ~ Holiday Extravaganza

Wow! I cannot believe we are on Clue #14 of Sunset on the Sound!  After today's clue, there is only one more clue before the reveal on April 26th.  Which is actually Stephen's birthday.  Do you think he will be accept Clue #16 for his Birthday present?  😊

I'm finding harder and harder to come in contact with the SOTS Mystery followers, I am too easy of a mark!  Several of you are tricky, I have to watch myself not to reveal any hints.  I'm worried about tomorrow as I with be hanging out with some CT quilters!

With my knee surgery postponed until November, and I was able to add a last minute Guild booking.  Tomorrow, I will be giving my "Modern Traditionalism" lecture/trunk show followed by a Geese on Edge technique workshop at the Southern CT Modern Quilt Guild in Weston, CT.  The lecture starts at 10am.  If you live nearby, I believe you come as a guest and pay at the door.  Also, I believe there are 2 spots available in the workshop.  You can get more details on Southern CT MQG's Facebook Page.

Before we get to Clue #14, I want to give you a tease on what I have planned post Sunset on the Soundt!   Holiday Extravaganza, a Medallion Quilt Mystery Series, will kick off mid-May and run through mid-September.  I will have more details in the upcoming weeks, but I will tell you that it will be aThrow size and it will use Fat Quarters.  You can pick from your favorite Holiday fabrics.  I spoke to Alison Glass early this week, and she is sending me a special early delivery this week! Stay Tuned!

Quilt Odyssey!   Wow!  A great response.  We added a few seats to the classes, unfortunately Periwinkle Swirl is still sold out.  There are a few seats in Moonlight Garden and Majesty.  You can check out my classes here: Michelle's Classes at Quilt Odyssey  Get the seats while you can. 

You can always come to Vermont Quilt Festival and take Periwinkle Swirl, Moonlight Garden, Be Dazzled, and/or Summer Star

Now for Clue #14 of my Sunset on the Sound Mystery Series!  More assembly!  

Please remember, to download your clues!  We are over the count of ten clues, so I'm taking down the Clues in date order as I put up the new clues.  Those clues are no longer available as this quilt will be patterned later.

Okay, Clue #14!  

We will be using all of the remaining M2 Squares and half the M1 VB -M2/BG SR#2 Units. 

The remaining M2/BG Split Rects #1 from Clue #6 are going to be paired with the M1 VB -M2/BG SR#2 Units from Clue #12, creating  M2 SR#1 -M1VB- M2 SR#2 Units!

Sunset on the Sound ~ Clue #14
The Download will have the specifics, but per usual, I have a few tips below

  • As always, remember to check your orientation.  Use the See It - Flip It - Sew It method that I mentioned almost every week and to all of you in class.
  • When you flip it over you will really want to start on the top of the unit, where you have a lot of background.   Your machine will do better with hitting that bulker seam at the bottom last.  Unless you have a Pfaff like me, as that will go over anything 😊!  
  • Pressing, you really want need to give this seam a good press.  Set it.

  • Finger Press and Press.  Then mist it with some best press (love my Mister).

In fact, since this week is a pretty light clue, it would be the perfect time to treat all of you units with a misting of Best Press, as they have their work cut out for them the next two weeks.   

As you all know, I love my Wool Pressing Mat and Mister.  The Mister just applies a nice fine mist of Best Press which will not impact your Wool Pressing Mat but is perfect to flatten all your units so they are ready for the next step.  The Wool Pressing Mat, actually reflects the heat onto the back side of you units while you press the top side, so it is like pressing from both sides.   At this time, I do have two Mega Pressing Mat (18" x 24") in stock - The size I use and a handful of  the smaller size.   You can check out my Pressing items in my Etsy Shop.

Well that wraps it up for this week.   Make sure you spread the word to your fellow quilters, who may want to get in on my next Mystery Series, Holiday Extravaganza.  Have them sign up for my emails as I will be revealing details over the next few weeks.  The first Clue will be given mid-May. 

Hope to see many of you at the Southern CT Modern Quilt Guild tomorrow.

Keep Stitching,
Michelle

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!