Yeah! Block 15 - Flying Triangles!

I hope you all enjoyed that catch-up week , while I got to spend a fabulous time with students and fellow instructors at AQS Paducah!  I had a fabulous time.  It really is a bucket list quilt show. 

This week's block is Flying Triangles, credited to Nancy Page, appeared in the Birmingham News, on November 23, 1943.  Nancy Page reverse the traditional shading of the Peaky and Spike Units (aka V Block) to create fabulous two-toned Star of Alamo (often referred to as a Friendship Star) but with some extra flair with the Quarter Square Triangle Center which provides the block with more movement than the Star of Alamo.  Plus, she added the Half Square Triangles to give it that twist.  I think this block is so quirky, I love it.

Block 15 - Flying Triangles - Fabric Selection 1

This week block is a using two tools you have been using for the last few weeks ( or months), the V Block and the Tucker Trimmer 1.  You will need that spare Quarter Square Triangle from Block 2.  I hope you took my advice and found it!  I will admit, it took me a while and I knew what I was doing with it!  LOL.

For my fabric selection one, I went the same color plan as my Block 2, since I needed to use the same light and dark.  I did change up my floral to give the blocks a bit of a difference.
Fabric Selection 1
For my second fabric selection, I had to make a new Block 2, as I changed my second fabric selection from when I made Block 2.  I ended up going with a Triadic color plan, selecting Yellow-Orange (22), Red Violet (14) and Blue-Green (6). 
Fabric Selection 2
I just love these dots!
Block 15 - Flying Triangles - Fabric Selection 2
So, whatcha waiting for, this block should be a breeze!  I can't wait to see the combinations you all come up with.  Go download Block 15, click here!

Please be sure to share your completed block on the Facebook Group!

I'm off to Rangeley Spring Quilt Camp.  If you are missing the fun this week, make sure to sign up for Fall Quilt Camp.  Details can be found on my Retreat page.

Have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!