Marvin Gaye Star is Clue #2 of the Heart of Rock and Roll Mystery

 Clue #2 is Marvin Gaye Star!

In 1987, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducted Marvin Gaye and stated, “Gaye’s singing nurtured the soul, both the audience’s and his own”.  Marvin Gaye embarked on his solo career in 1962, having already played drums for Smokey Robinson and the Miracles as well as other Motown acts. In 

Marvin Gaye Star - Moda's Nutmeg

Marvin Gaye Star - Moda's Euflora

When designing this block, I thought of my favorite Marvin Gaye songs and while I believe my favorite is “Let’s Get it On”, I chose “I Heard it Through the Grapevine” as my inspiration.  In my mind, I placed a grapevine around the Ohio Star. “I Heard it Through the Grapevine”, was released in 1968 on his “In the Groove” Album. 

Here is my Fabric Selectios:


My paper plates:

Unit A - Half Square Triangles
Unit B - Quarter Square Triangles
Unit C & D - Square-in-Square and Tri-Colored Square-in-Square
Block Construction - Make the Corner Units first.
Then the Columns
Take your time sewing together your row, you may want precision pin.

Then your Rows together into the Block.

You want to precision pin for sure when putting your rows together.
How tada!


Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!