Clue 8 is time for QuiltWeek Quad

QuiltWeek Quad is Clue #8!


QuiltWeek is a show that is organized by the American Quilt Society and is held all over the United States.  AQS usually offers anywhere four to seven QuiltWeeks per year.   I’ve taught for them for over 8 years, teaching at QuiltWeek Lancaster twice, QuiltWeek Grand Rapids, QuiltWeek Des Moines, QuiltWeek Paducah, QuiltWeek Daytona, and QuiltWeek Branson.  Next year, I’m back teaching at QuiltWeek Paducah.  Most of the attendees take multiple classes and I see them throughout the week in class, restaurants and hotel.  It is great fun!  In Paducah, they actually say “This is the week the Quilters take over”.  How fabulous!  While AQS changes the educators at each show each year, I’ve been very fortunate to have many of the same quilters follow me from city to city.  I can’t wait for Paducah QuiltWeek in April 2023! 

For my fabric selection, I am choosing to substitute my Stitched version's background in the Center of Unit A, the Dual Colored Square-in-Square units since I have a lot of Low Volume fabrics in that bundle.  It will add a little extra element.  Not required but something to consider.

Cheer and Merriment selection

Stitched selection
Take you time cutting, but it is pretty straight forward this week, you may want to fussy cut your center in Unit C, but not required. 


We are making units that we've made in prior Clues with the exception of making Unit A with Dual Colored Side Triangles.  You will want to ensure you have the placement correct. 
Trim down is the same, but just be sure to check that you have everything correct before you cut.
Right Handed

Left Handed
So tada!  This is a great technique to use in place of 2 sets of Flying Geese and you avoid the seam between what would be two Flying Geese.  Can you see it?

For Unit B, the Corner Beams, we've made this in Clue #7, so you should be good, but check last week's tips if need be. 


Unit C is a basic Square in a Square, I fussy cut my Cheer and Merriment but when traditional on my Stitched version. 
For Block construction, make sure to check out your orientation prior to sewing them together.
You will want to sew your rows together.  
I would recommend you precision pin your middle row given those Square-in-Square units.
If you want less bulk, go ahead and press your rows open.
Sew your rows together and again I would precision pin. 
How tada!


Thanks to all, who have taking a Class with me at QuiltWeek!   I hope you love the block!

I must get back to teaching at Fall Quilt Camp in Rangeley, ME!

Keep Stitching,
Michelle


Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!