Clue 12 is Ready!

 Thank you all for your patience.  Steve and I have a lovely and much needed vacation in Maine.  It was absolutely beautiful.  One of my favorite spots is the Portland Head Lighthouse.  it is just gorgeous, especially this time of the year.   


Clue #12 is Blooming Vine, a little fitting with the Beach Rose vines in the above photo.  This is another block where I've taken units we've made prior, but with the help of the Corner Pop, we've taken the block up a notch.   For Clue #12 we will be "popping" the Shaded 4-Patch. 



Fabric Selection

Make sure you are reviewing your blocks when making your fabric selection.  For me, I needed to start adding some of the purple into my Bermuda Batiks, therefore I selected two for this block.  For my Paisley Rose, I selected half of my fabrics from fabric I hadn't used yet and mixed it with Fabric I have used in prior blocks. 
Unit Construction 

We've made (Unit A) Half Square Triangle prior, so just a quick photo of my finished units. 

We've made (Unit C Half Square Triangles) prior, so just a quick photo of my finished units. 
Unit C - Shaded 4-Patch - You are going to make this unit the same as we have in the past, through trimdown.
My Shaded 4-Patch units in the making. 

Trim down your Shaded 4- Patches to the proper size prior to "popping"

Take your time when you are using the Corner Pop.  The units is the size it will be in the end, so there is no oversizing of the unit, at this time, so measure twice, cut once.
Right Handed Pop

Right Handed Post Pop


Left Handed Pop

Left Handed Post Pop


Remember to always stitch with your unit on top, the oversized HST on the bottom.  Put down your best 1/4" seam.
Press half of your units towards the replacement Triangle and the other half towards the unit.  This will help in a later step. 
Then take your time trimming it down.  You should not be trimming any of the base unit, just the Replacement Triangle.  Be careful and keep it the proper size. 
Right Handed trim down

Left Handed trim down.
Go ahead a make Unit D, Square in Square.

Block Construction

First you will want to stitch the Popped Shaded 4-Patches together, make sure to pair the alternative pressing units together, so that they nest. 
Pinning helps. 
Lay out the Quilt Block centers, these will come together easily. 
I would precision pint the Flying Geese to the Square Square, matching points. 
For your corner units, just be very careful with your lay out and keeping your orientation. 
Once you have the Center, Popped Shaded 4-Patch pairs and Corner units, it will come together really easily.  




How TADA!  What  do you think?  I think this block as great movement and I love how it looks like I've placed a Flying Geese in the middle of a Flying Geese.  Love it. 

 

That wraps up week.  Wait to you see what I have for you in Clue #13! 

Keep Stitching,

Michelle 




Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!