Block 16! Springfield Patch

I'm up in Rangeley, Maine, for Spring Quilt Camp, hosted by Threads Galore.  We are having a fabulous time.  I love it up here at this time of year.  The quilters take over the Rangeley Inn, and we have a blast.  Carol and Dan welcome us all, as well as Travis, Jim and the rest of the Rangeley Inn staff.  

 It is always so nice to catch-up with some many friends.  It is so fun to see what everyone has been up to over the last six months. It is great to see so many finished projects.  We are all like the trees outside the windows, we are slowly but surely starting to bud and bloom.    Everyone is so happy to be out and about.  I love it.   


Block 16!  Springfield Patch, appearing in Ladies Art Company, 1922 is also known as Monterey, Nancy Page Birmingham News, March 1, 1938.  I find this block fascinating, I love the way the Shaded Four-Patches and Flying Geese showcase the Peaky and Spike blocks.  Nancy Page was quoted in the Birmingham News, stating of her Monterey block, “Anyone who has ever drive along the Pacific Coast near Monterey remembers so happily and vividly the windblown Cypress trees.  I don’t know but the memory of the trees gave me the inspiration for this design.  I can see the trees bent low by the wind as I look at this pattern.”  I don’t know about you, but I can see it!


For my Fabric selection 1, I went with a triadic color plan, starting with the light Aqua-Blue (8), with dark Fuchsia (16) and a medium Chartreuse (2).


For my Fabric selection 2, I went with another triadic color plan, starting with the fabulous Magenta (17), complimenting it with the Dark Turquoise Blue (9) and the Yellow (1).

Busy, busy week..  Sorry, I don't have more time, but I will have a lot more next week.

Remember, there is a new-to-the series tool being added next week, the Corner Beam.   In celebration, I have a sale on my website.  The Corner Beam and other great stuff is 17% off when you use the BLK17YEAH discount code.  

Don't forget to download Block 16: CLICK HERE



Keep Stitching, I have to get to back to Spring Quilt Camp at Rangeley

Comments

  1. I missed this block it is such a nice one. Darn it. I'm working too many hours and didn't check my computer during this week. I have the corner beam too & I love how this block looks with your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful. Your blog always inspires me to try new things with DIY.

    Thanks!
    https://www.heartsticker.com/collections/embroidery-patches-designs
    https://www.heartsticker.com/collections/state-back-patches

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!