Block 2 - Timeless with a Twist is ready!
|Block 2- Fabric Selection 2|
|Fabric Selection 2 for Block 2|
|Grayscale of Fabric Selection 2|
- Take the time to organize your pairs! Make sure you use those color swatch blocks I provide on the direction sheet. Match up your pairs to ensure you are sewing the proper fabrics together. If you use paper plates to organize, it will be helpful (more to come on paper plate organization in future blog post).
- Make sure are pairing the fabrics with right sides together. I cannot tell you how many times, in classes, I have students who have forgotten to check to make sure they have placed the right sides together.
- Use a Quilter’s Magic Wand when drawing your 2 sewing lines for both units. Get the line nice and tight to the wand, and use a fine marking instrument to mark those lines. I love the Sewline pencils, they are ceramitized chalk that provide a nice fine line for you to sew on, but that eventually flakes off, and therefore doesn’t damage your quilt. They come in 5 colors and are great! Make sure to take the time to draw the 2 lines, you will be much more accurate than with just drawing 1 center line and gauging ¼” on both sides of that line.
- Swirl those seam intersections of those quarter square triangles, your blocks will lay much flatter. Many of you should know how to do this from classes with me. I may do a blog post on this in the future.
- Take the time to lay out your units, to make sure you have the units (colors) in the proper place before your sew your block together. Even consider taking a picture, you will be surprised how much more you see in a photo than purely looking at the units.
- Press the seams open using the pressing seam stick, you will love the results! Featured in last week's blog