Winter Jewels Took 1st Prize in Computerized Quilting

Sorry for the delay, I've been crazy busy with MQX  that I failed to post the Winter Jewels took a Blue Ribbon!


Here is the press release:
Winter Jewels, Designed and Pieced by Michelle Renee Hiatt of Huntington CT & Quilted by Barbara Bregmen of Silver Spring, MD took 1st place in the Computerized Machine Quilting Category at the MQX Quilt Show, in Manchester NH on April 10th.  

Winter Jewels is an original design by Michelle Renee Hiatt. As a Studio 180 Design Certified Instructor, she was inspired to create a Loco for Lemoyne Star Sampler using all the different Lemoyne Star techniques available through Deb Tucker's Technique sheets.  Her love of fabric and huge collection of fat quarters inspired the variety of Lemoyne Star types in this quilt.  Michelle’s website is www.sewonthego.net , she teaches all over the Northeast.  MQX results are at http://www.mqxshow.com/MQX/East/QuiltShow/NewEnglandWinners/index.cfm

Barbara Bregman - Quilter & Michelle Renee Hiatt - Designer & Piecer


Michelle Renee Hiatt - Quilt Designer and Piecer - Pieced on Pfaff Creative Vision

Woo hoo!  I had so much funny meeting up with all my friends. The Studio 180 Instructors went 3 for 3.  Three of us entered quilts as the quilt piecers and all three won (Dan entered 2 and won 2).

Kathie Beltz, Dan Perkins, and Michelle Renee Hiatt
Plus made tons of new contacts and I learned so much from some great teachers; Georgia Stull, Lisa Calle, Pat Berry, Page Johnson, and Mary Reinhardt.  I can't wait to try all the new things I learned.  

The business class with Pat Berry was really great.  She really brought some focus to my ideas.  Where to begin and such, highly recommend it for anyone thinking about getting into the quilt business.

Georgia Stull (with co-star Cindy Culbertson) was dynamite for my Statler classes.   I spent 10 hours with them over the course of 4 days.  It was called Statler All-Star.   I just upgraded to a Statler and Georgia made me feel like I could go right home and sew away.  
Georgia Stull's All Star Class


Page Johnson's Block class was terrific.  She has so many great ideas.  I think I would have been a bit over whelmed with Page's class had it not been for Georgia.  However, I think it is ideal for any familiar with the Statler and if you are a beginner with the Statler, just take Georgia's class first.  If you are a quick study, you will be fine.  

That is my quick summary.  I'm teaching at next years's MQX, with Kathie Beltz, so counting the days to next year.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!