Stash Buster - So Fresh Reflection


So-sew-a productive weekend or two!   In just 2 weekends... I've pulled together some stash-- some Amy Butler that I've waited years to use-- but I think I put it to good use!  Put one of my drawlings/EQ designs to the test.  I've been working on a few easier patterns that don't look easy, but give you a big return on your time.  Since us "Weekend Quilters" need to accomplish things in a shorter time frame.   

This came together in no time.   Remember NO STRESS in SEWING!   Last weekend, it made it's way to the longarm and got my fabric therapy for the weekend!  Finished!  Yes it was that quick.

I'm working on typing up the pattern, should be available soon.  I'm thinking of kicking off my 2013 Stash Buster club, at Pennington Quilt Works, with this pattern. 

So Fresh Refection

What do you think? 

You know me, the Fat Quarter Queen. I used 10 Big Floral/Bold Fat Quarters (Vintage Amy Butler), 10 Light/Neutral Fat Quarters, 1 yard of the Contrasting Fabric for the chain and inner border, plus 2 1/4 yards of Border Fabric.

Here are a few pictures, at first I thought you'd have to be at a distant to appreciate, but it seems the contrast is clear even close.
So Fresh Reflection - Close-up

 
 
I'm probably going to need to make another sample for the store, as it probably needs to be newer fabric... it's not like I lack Fat Quarters... although you do need the right tone for the light.

Maybe I will use up so Kaffe for the Bold.... Lord knows I have plenty of that in Stash.  Although, I may not need another, as the whole purpose of a Stash Buster, is to use Stash.

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!