What is the biggest boo-boo or blunder you've committed when making a quilt?

In response to McCall's Quilting-July/August 2012 issue's Q&A - Page 14 ..... What is the biggest boo-boo or blunder you've committed when making a quilt?


Please share your story.

Mine, you ask...

In my defense, it was my second quilt and I had only taken one beginner class - which was a log cabin quilt prior. I saw a great pattern in Fons and Porter, with pin wheels and I loved it. I decided that I knew math and I could figure it out. Well, on top of never haven't working with HST, I wanted to make it smaller (yes that is correct), I wanted a baby quilt but the pattern was for a double. So, I decided that it's all in the math. So, if I made the finished squares 50% smaller that it would work. So, I simply cut all the measurements in half.... So, 4 7/8" squares were cut to 2 7/16".... yes, no lie. then I cut them diagonally.... To add to it, I cut all the fabric first. Of course it didn't work. I believe I still have all the batik scraps in my scrap bin. Of course I went out and bought new fabric and picked a different pattern.

So, tell me your story...

Comments

Popular Posts

A New Deb Tucker Pattern for our Northern Neighbors!

Quilt Block Mania - School Girl's Puzzle

Atlantic Flyway Class Sample

Stashbuster #2 Turning Up Pumpkins

Diamond Delight is twice the delight!